**** The Official Note 4 thread ****

Soldato
Argh! I phoned and cancelled the Argos order ages ago, and now they are sending me messages that it'll be delivered next week!

Their website is currently too busy for me to get access to and I cba with phoning them up again to be put on hold for an hour, and then get through to someone to be told I'm through to the wrong department even though I called the number it states on the website and selected the correct options when prompted, and then put on hold for another half hour!

Just filled out their form online to cancel and will refuse delivery if it is attempted.

I would phone them up ASAP.

I ordered the Note4 from them online also, on November 8th. Cancelled it a day later via a phonecall to customer services because the accounts section on their website is next to to useless. A day later £600 taken out of my account so about 3 more calls proceeded and still no refund. This morning I got the same text stating it would be delivered on the 3rd December!

I went into a blind rage as I'd received the Note4 from GiffGaff who actually had it in stock ages ago. 15minutes on hold today and I got through to a nice chap in CS who states that my account was flagged with cancellation notes on 5 occasions and nothing had been done so he apologised and contacted the store/warehouse immediately. Got to wait 2-3 days now to see if I get my money back.

Associate
@Kainz
So you ordered your phone from argos and just cancelled it and you are having trouble getting your money back?
Now you went with GiffGaff, whats the ordering of it like how long does it take to come through?

Soldato
GiffGaff were one of the few places in early November to have SIM free stocks.

Yes. I ordered from Argos on the 8th only to receive an email stating that they'd be in touch with a delivery date in a few weeks (I wanted one asap). Then on this thread someone mentioned getting theirs from GiffGaff in a few days. Phoned up Argos to cancel my order and then ordered the phone off GG and it was delivered to me in 2 days. I already have a number of online accounts with GG so ordering was a piece of cake and I think the phone is £570 now too. Absolutely brilliant delivery speed and they can't be faulted in that regard.

Can't believe you can't even view orders let alone cancel them on the argos website once you make an account. I mean, what year is it?!

Last edited:
Associate
I would phone them up ASAP.

I ordered the Note4 from them online also, on November 8th. Cancelled it a day later via a phonecall to customer services because the accounts section on their website is next to to useless. A day later £600 taken out of my account so about 3 more calls proceeded and still no refund. This morning I got the same text stating it would be delivered on the 3rd December!

I phoned them up today, got through straight away!

The guy had to call the suppliers, and after he had done this he has said that it's been cancelled on the suppliers side, and they had sent 3 notifications that it has been cancelled but according to the Argos system the notification that it's been cancelled hasn't officially gone through. They can't refund apparently until it shows it has. He's not sure why but he said he's going to have to wait until Monday to see if it changes and he's sent a message to the admin team to see if they can do anything about it too.

A little annoying.

Man of Honour
If you buy a carrier branded Note 4, can you flash an official vanilla 'sim free' firmware to it so you can get updates quicker and direct from Samsung instead of say Vodafone, and also removes the carrier bloatware?

Also, if you can, will the phone still be locked and un-molested, ie. Knox is still in place, bootloader is locked etc... or will it have anything different than if I bought a sim free handset in the first place?

I'm coming to the decision that I shouldn't have sold my Note 4, can't find and settle on something that I like :(

Soldato
Thinking to get my brother a Note 4 as a wedding gift, he loves Samsung device (no idea why haha) and has a S4 thats basically on its last legs. How are you guys all finding it, and anyone know the best place to buy it sim free?

Soldato
Note 4 is better in terms of hardware, e.g. metal band, better display, S805. Battery life is also a major issue for him as the S4 doesn't make it through even half a day and he has commented on wanting a note a few times so been thinking it would be the better fit. If I do go with the S5 it is cheaper for me :p so I will give it some thought.

Only real doubt I had is the software, and it is still super bloated but seems much smoother then in the past.

Soldato
Just setting up a friends note 4 and can't seem to get 1440p working on YouTube. I've uninstalled the newest version, cleared data/cache, rebooted and installed the version that supports 1440p, but still no luck. After 20 or so attempts I just gave up. Anyone have any solutions?

Soldato
Buy a 9 quid replacement bezel, I had my screen replaced under insurance, so the screen was nice and bright again but the edging was battered, the part is obtainable on auction websites and is totally user replaceable with nothing more than a credit card/edger and a small star head screwdriver.

Soldato
Buy a 9 quid replacement bezel, I had my screen replaced under insurance, so the screen was nice and bright again but the edging was battered, the part is obtainable on auction websites and is totally user replaceable with nothing more than a credit card/edger and a small star head screwdriver.

So It's not like the S5 which needs removal of the front screen? That's good news if so!

Back
Top Bottom