**** The Official Note 4 thread ****

Man of Honour
I paid 280quid on one that was used 2months by a friend, impecably like new.

Sold it, lol, now waiting on ... Note4? :D

I considered selling my Note 3 but it would be nice to have a high quality backup phone. I could just turn it on and update apps once a month and keep it in a drawer. Means I can also sell the Note 4 or whatever I get next earlier for a higher price and revert to the Note 3 again while anticipating whatever upgrades the next handset :cool:

Associate
"Media Markt, the world's second largest electronics retailer after Best Buy, and the number one in Europe, has pulled the trigger on the Note 4 pricing in its Russian branch, and it seems that Samsung's fourth-generation phablet will be priced similar to its predecessors at launch, meaning that it won't be cheap.

The price in Russia is claimed to be about 34 490 rubles, which translates to roughly $940 before carrier subsidies. Given that electronics prices in Europe and especially in expensive Moscow, are typically 20-30% higher, we can expect the Note 4 to land for about $750 on this side of the pond. This is $100 more than the retail price of the S5 at launch, and in line with all Notes and Galaxy S models pricing scheme so far.

Unfortunately, that also means that the Note 4, as usual, will still probably land for $299 on major carriers, instead of the typical for a flagship $199 on a two-year contract, but that's how these things go since the phablet line's inception. In any case, you will likely be getting a 5.7" Quad HD Super AMOLED display, a Snapdragon 805 processor, and a 16 MP camera with OIS, making the Note 4 futureproof at least until the next fall season, so no complaints."

:) I'll be moving from Apple Iphone 5s this year to an android phone. Thinking this could be the one for me, only slightly concerned with the size of it.

I personally will love the size in use etc but not sure I look forward to all the crap you get off people commenting on the size of it and getting it in my pocket :p

Soldato
I considered selling my Note 3 but it would be nice to have a high quality backup phone. I could just turn it on and update apps once a month and keep it in a drawer. Means I can also sell the Note 4 or whatever I get next earlier for a higher price and revert to the Note 3 again while anticipating whatever upgrades the next handset :cool:

this is what i am doing with my note 3 :)

Soldato
:) I'll be moving from Apple Iphone 5s this year to an android phone. Thinking this could be the one for me, only slightly concerned with the size of it.

I personally will love the size in use etc but not sure I look forward to all the crap you get off people commenting on the size of it and getting it in my pocket :p

Don't worry - those folk will be far less critical once the iPhone 6 is released and they see the size of it :)

Man of Honour
Don't worry - those folk will be far less critical once the iPhone 6 is released and they see the size of it :)

And weight, don't forget the weight!

I was with a bride at the weekend, she looked at it and said "that's huge!" (wheeyyyy!) - I said it's actually lighter and slimmer than your HTC. She held it and couldn't believe it :p

Visual perception is a killer with Samsung phablets :p

Soldato
I have been fairly active over the past 15 years with mobiles and have never had this perceived water issue either. Rather not have the flaps over the ports myself either.

You do not need a waterproof phone to protect your phone in the rain.

Even with the iPhone, a phone often complained about for being too sensitive to water ingress, I have never experienced any issues in the rain.

If you're going to be stupid and leave your phone out in the rain overnight then sure get a water-resistant (no phone is waterproof so please don't think that) phone but apart from that I cannot see any point.

I'm on the side of a mountain, in a gale and want to check my barings using gps/OS map rather than wrestling with a physical map. And no - an iPhone would not survive.
So I have a need for a water resistant phone with a decent sized screen - great that so many of you don't but don't get all arsey just because somone does :p

(And yes I'm aware there are dedicated weather proof gps devices available that do this but that really is not the point here)

twe

twe

Associate
I'm on the side of a mountain, in a gale and want to check my barings using gps/OS map rather than wrestling with a physical map. And no - an iPhone would not survive.
So I have a need for a water resistant phone with a decent sized screen - great that so many of you don't but don't get all arsey just because somone does :p

(And yes I'm aware there are dedicated weather proof gps devices available that do this but that really is not the point here)

Sounds like you would want one of the Sony Z3's or Z2's?

Associate

Yeah probably right, so excited for a new phone!.. Sold my 5s for £350 so will use that money towards this.

How soon you reckon it will be available after announce? :)

Back
Top Bottom