• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The Official Nvidia GeForce 'Pascal' Thread - for general gossip and discussions **

Associate
Jezus, imagine the price tag on that :eek:

New tier of £2000 single GPU incoming. Think I'll wait for the 'Ti' on Pascal.

Yep, no one will buy the main flagship any more and hold for the Ti's to roll in and do nearly the same thing.

I'm looking forward to Pascal. Exciting times ahead!

Soldato
OP
Now this makes me feel like buying a 980ti was a mistake if these cards are out Q1 2016

But then again the prices of these cards might be insane like the Titan X

+1

Pascal looks like a proper upgrade. I hope to see Titan X performance for under £300.

I think Titan X level of performance will still be pricey.

My guess is the next 'Titan' Full GP200 card will come with 16GB of HBM 2.0, and the GP204 or GP204 Ti will have 6GB's/8GB's of HBM 2.0.

If you're not an hardware addict like myself, I think the cards that we'll get next year are worth waiting for. Expecting a big big jump from both camps.

Die shrink, new architecture, HBM 2.0. It's gonna be good !

Yep, no one will buy the main flagship any more and hold for the Ti's to roll in and do nearly the same thing.

I'm looking forward to Pascal. Exciting times ahead!

Definitely, an 8GB HBM card would be spot on, if Nvidia deliver that with the 'Ti' part that would do me just fine.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
In 2 years?? That's probably doable...

Pascal hopefully will come out in less than 18 months time. If not I am happy to wait for 16nm now that I have my 295x2 :D

I think Titan X level of performance will still be pricey.

My guess is the next 'Titan' Full GP200 card will come with 16GB of HBM 2.0, and the GP204 or GP204 Ti will have 6GB's/8GB's of HBM 2.0.

If you're not an hardware addict like myself, I think the cards that we'll get next year are worth waiting for. Expecting a big big jump from both camps.

Die shrink, new architecture, HBM 2.0. It's gonna be good !

One can hope :)

Associate
I was hoping to skip Pascal and go straight to Volta but probs by the time it comes to release, the hype will have me gripped and I will be on it :D

I doubt performance will be much different from now until 2020 when the new consoles come out. Maybe the odd PC exclusive but next to no companies do that anymore.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Not sure though, if they cut the crap with this titan range prices and go back to £500 for top end, I would get the top card as I have been waiting for a 16nm card for a LONG time.

I doubt performance will be much different from now until 2020 when the new consoles come out. Maybe the odd PC exclusive but next to no companies do that anymore.

Performance will come, and will be needed to drive 4k me thinks actually :)

Soldato
OP

The next lot of consoles stand a really good chance of being beasts. By the time they are going to manufacture, HBM will be well established and 10nm or smaller die nodes will be possible. Will be a huge jump over what we have today, and tbh I'm pretty impressed with my PS4 in most games.

Agreed, PC is just going to pull further and further ahead in the meantime. 4K gaming on a single GPU by the time new consoles launch.

Last edited:
Associate
Not sure though, if they cut the crap with this titan range prices and go back to £500 for top end, I would get the top card as I have been waiting for a 16nm card for a LONG time.

There's probably a 0.001% chance they would do that. Aslong as they find people crazy enough to buy them why not take their money. :D

Associate
I reckon we've got 11/12 months eassssssssssy man. Enjoy the Ti, I'm trying to hold on :D

The good news is that if AMD do take the performance crown with the Fury then their probably won't be a Titan next time round ;) (or at least a very short gap between it and mainstream :D)

Well I hope so, I'm just trying to figure out the best price/performance choice for 4k gaming.

This is my first high end gaming PC built for 4k. Setup in my sig with the Philips 40 4k monitor set me back £1050 after selling my old computer which I think is a good price for what I have.

Then £600 for the 980ti. My plan was to sell this 980ti when Pascal comes out but the value of the 980ti will probably be like £200 then :D

I would be happy if I can sell the 980ti for £350+ next year then pay a few hundred on top for a high end Pascal card which should run 4k @ 60fps comfortably.

bru

bru

Soldato
I predict GP100 Titan card as soon as HBM2 is viable, with GP104 to follow, then GP100 cut down version after that.

Soldato
OP
There's probably a 0.001% chance they would do that. Aslong as they find people crazy enough to buy them why not take their money. :D

Haha, I think the pricing is crazy, but I also think it's good to pump money into the things you enjoy so it can keep getting better. No point always scrimping and scraping on the things you enjoy, Nvidia is expensive but they do put a lot of that money into R&D for better and better products.

When you guys are enjoying you're midrange Pascal cards, just remember it's us Titan X owners that paid for the research :p

Associate
Haha, I think the pricing is crazy, but I also think it's good to pump money into the things you enjoy so it can keep getting better. No point always scrimping and scraping on the things you enjoy, Nvidia is expensive but they do put a lot of that money into R&D for better and better products.

When you guys are enjoying you're midrange Pascal cards, just remember it's us Titan X owners that paid for the research :p

How much did the setup in your sig cost :eek:

Soldato
Can't see it being Q1, My money is on the end of Q2, By then I'll have enough pennies put away to afford Cannonlake and replace my rusty old 4790K, 32GB DDR4 and the next top end Nvidia Pascal part i.e the full fat chip like Titan X :)

Back
Top Bottom