***The Official Rugby League 2024 Thread***

JRS

JRS

Soldato
OP
Early lead, Fages going over for a try. Morgue puts the conversion just wide. 0-4 after 5mins.

***Edit***

Tariq Sims twists and turns like a twisty-turny thing to get over the line. Morgue gets the extras this time. 0-10.

***Edit 2***

Fages again. Turning into a handy comeback for him. Morgue makes the conversion. 0-16.

***Edit 3***

0-16 HT. London not deserving getting nil'd IMO, but les Dracs absolutely deserving to nil them if that makes sense.

***Edit 4***

0-22. Sims again, Morgue converting.

***Edit 5***

Man, if we'd grounded everything we'd gotten over the line tonight we'd be 50-up. As it is, 0-28.

***Edit 6***

Nice one Jules. Bousquet carves through, Morgue adds the kick from in front of the posts, 0-34.

***Edit 7***

Bon.

Warrington 36-10 Hull in the other match.

Last edited:

JRS

JRS

Soldato
OP
Got SL Plus but haven't bothered watching any of the London games (Sts v London last week) as you just know they are going to be heavily one sided affairs.

In all honesty London deserved more out of the first half last night. Second half, the difference in quality between the sides was a bit more stark.

Hell of a reintroduction to Super League though. Saints first up, never going to get anything out of that. Then facing Catalans before travel has had chance to take it out of them. Could at least have eased them in with Hull or Castleford :p

Associate
The Brown send off in the Wire v Hull game :confused:. I don't know exactly what he could have done differently. Lets hope this settles down over the next 2/3 weeks. It's not just the clamp down on head contact, its the length of the bans that are going with them that will cause issues as teams start fielding 18/19 year olds who just aren't ready for SL (especially if they are forwards). Teams will need to start training on how to play with 12 v 13 for long periods because everybody is going to get caught at some stage.

Flicked between the two games and the thing that stood out for me in the London v Catalan game was the physical difference in sizes between the two teams.

Soldato
Agreed regarding Brown, but to some extent and this is going to sound blunt, but players simple can't go near heads. They have all been warned time and time again, they simply have to take more care. Players themselves (albeit ex players) have brought this about, so they simply have to adapt. I know thats quite a simplistic view, but what else is there?

Saints looked decent tonight but Huddersfield have looked just pretty miserable to be honest, have offered very little.

Looking forward to the WCC now!

Soldato
There were some ominous signs from the Panthers in the first few minutes, some stiff defence, but then it faded a bit and their last set plays were poor. Constantly running on the 5th was strange.

Associate
My BP has just returned below critical after Saturday evening :)

Unusual to see an Aussie team not getting the dodgy decisions going their way, but long may it continue! To beat them you need a lot of luck (but the harder you work, the luckier you get), more than your share of 50-50s and the stars to align. If that game was played another 10 times, Wigan wouldn't win - but who cares?!!

I work in a non-RL town (8 miles from Wigan and it's 'oh you like rugby, what do you think of Owen Farrell') and everybody was talking about the game on Monday morning and how brilliant it was. A quick visit to RL social media land and you'd think Wigan had spent the whole evening drowning puppies. We are truly only happy when we are complaining :)

Wigan have reduced the price of all tix for Friday's game v Huddersfield to £5!

Soldato
It was a great game and a great spectacle! I live near Wigan and work in Warrington and know a number of supporters of different clubs and everyone was pleased Wigan pulled it off! Good event for terrestrial tv too!

Associate
Leeming is 2-3 weeks. There's a young lad (Tom Forber - who the club really rate) who will take his place.

Cooper could be significantly longer, especially with his (recent) history of knee ops. Luke Thompson takes his place.

Soldato
Just Asiata doing Asiata things, clearly not learning his lesson from last year. Agree with the card, if the ball carrier had his foot planted thats another knee injury, no attempt to wrap the legs at all with his arms. Its basically a shoulder charge to the side of the leg.

Some ugly scenes at the end of the match too involving a Leigh assistant (not Chris Chester) getting involved in a scuffle with a fan and then throwing a bottle at his head.

Soldato
A couple of calf pulls in the same night for the same team as well, could lose those players for 4 months, I was excited by Leigh for the start or the season now it could be done by week 3!

Back
Top Bottom