** The Official Space Flight Thread - The Space Station and Beyond **

Man of Honour
OP
More ExoMars 2016:

The journey that the ExoMars 2016 spacecraft will take from Earth to Mars:

Arrival at mars:

The paths of the ExoMars 2016 Trace Gas Orbiter (TGO) and the Schiaparelli entry, descent and landing demonstrator module arriving at Mars on 19 October (right and left, respectively). The counter begins at the start of a critical engine burn that TGO must conduct in order to enter Mars orbit. The altitude above Mars is also indicated, showing the arrival of Schiaparelli on the surface and the subsequent trajectory of TGO. The orbiter's initial 4-day orbit will be about 250 x 100 000 km. Starting in December 2016, the spacecraft will perform a series of aerobraking manoeuvres to steadily lower it into a circular, 400 km orbit (not shown here).

More about the ExoMars mission:

http://www.esa.int/exomars

Man of Honour
OP
SpaceX have carried out a full duration Falcon 9 static fire test and are set to launch the SES-9 communications satellite from Cape Canaveral with their Falcon 9 rocket tomorrow.

There will also be a first stage landing attempt on SpaceX’s autonomous drone ship.

The 90 minute launch window opens tomorrow, February 24 at 23:46:14 UTC and the launch can be seen here:

A backup launch window opens at 23:46:17 UTC on February 25 should any problems occur.

Man of Honour
The strange "music" which for some reason has gone viral this week

And god I have a thing for her.
Sexy as hell, obviously brainy and into space and works for nasa.
Hunnnnngggggg

Man of Honour
For anyone interested and in London, there is a Russian space program exhibition at the Science Museum over the next few weeks. I popped along today and took a few pics which I will upload later if anyone is interested?

Man of Honour
OP
Back
Top Bottom