** The Official Space Flight Thread - The Space Station and Beyond **

Man of Honour
I hope we do, as much as I want us to go to mars, a base on moon makes far more sense, Leo - lunar infrastructure first, redirect an asteroid for even more resources.

Man of Honour
OP
Expedition 47-48 Soyuz Commander Alexey Ovchinin and Flight Engineer Oleg Skripochka of Roscosmos and Flight Engineer Jeff Williams of NASA press conference:

Scheduled to launch on March 19.

Man of Honour
FFS range issue, hold hold hold call at -1:33
Wonder if someone has sailed a boat into exclusion zone that has happened before.
Annoying as propellant was gully loaded and winds within safety range.

96minute launch window so we wait to see what happens now.

Edit - yep stupid ship.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Count down is back on 00:19
However ship is still in the range. If it isn't cleared then that's the last opportunity tonight and it'll be scrubbed.

Man of Honour
Aborted due to low thrust alarm. :(
Wont see this baby launch for a while.

2n8oqxi.jpg

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Rising oxygen temps due to hold for boat and that triggered the alarm:

CEO Elon Musk said on Twitter that a low thrust alarm led computers to cut off the rocket’s nine Merlin 1D main engines about a second before it would have lifted off from Launch Complex 40.

That was caused in part, Musk said on Twitter, by the rocket sitting on the pad an extra 35 minutes longer than expected, after a boat wandered into its flight path.

“Hold, hold, hold!” an Eastern Range safety officer called shortly before a planned 6:46 p.m. ET liftoff.

No description of the boat was given, but Musk said helicopters were scrambled to clear it from the hazard area.

The launch time was pushed back to 7:21 p.m.

The wait caused liquid oxygen loaded into the rocket’s propellant tanks to heat up, and a “helium bubble triggered (the) alarm,” Musk said.

It was not clear how quickly the rocket would be ready for a fourth launch attempt.

Man of Honour
That I just don't believe and only part of the reason.
I mean a fraction if a second went from fine to high come on. The clock had hit 0 and the engines where lit.
It also wouldn't be the first time spaceX has tried to hide the real cause back on the og mission 2 launch soacex declared high winds at landing zone reason fir scrub. Yet og mission 2, says spaceX scrubbed the launch due to erroneous static fire test data.

Last edited:
Associate
Had a great day at the National Space Centre on Saturday with my ten year old.

Attended breakfast and a Q&A with Don Thomas (a four time shuttle astronaut who was also slated for an early ISS mission) and also an object handling session including some shuttle tools, space flown heat tiles from Buran and various other bits and pieces.

It seems these places attract the worst behaved kids though! - even my ten year old commented on it.

Back
Top Bottom