• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 7900 XT(X) Owners Thread.

Associate
ASUS TUF B650 Gaming Plus Wifi
Corsair Vengence 32GB 6000 CL30 EXPO
V1811 7/10/23

Edit: just had a system reboot while gaming, so have gone back to -30.
Morning, ye going too aggressive will give you random reboots. Very hard to test curve optimiser setting if they are 99%. -30 is a good place to be, give it a few weeks and check it's happy.
The bios is worth an update as 2214 has " This update includes the patch for the LogoFAIL vulnerabilities" There's a new bios dropping across brands currently with a updated AGESA to ComboAM5 1.1.0.3.

Man of Honour
Morning, ye going too aggressive will give you random reboots. Very hard to test curve optimiser setting if they are 99%. -30 is a good place to be, give it a few weeks and check it's happy.
The bios is worth an update as 2214 has " This update includes the patch for the LogoFAIL vulnerabilities" There's a new bios dropping across brands currently with a updated AGESA to ComboAM5 1.1.0.3.

Updated to 2214 and we have lift off with EXPO :D

Ran Cinebench again and got 17726, so a decent uplift despite me dropping back to -30.

Cheers for your help!

Associate
Updated to 2214 and we have lift off with EXPO :D

Ran Cinebench again and got 17726, so a decent uplift despite me dropping back to -30.

Cheers for your help!
That's sounding very low on the Multi core score. Maybe got stuff running in the background? If you run the test with the test off screen it will get a higher number. I get 19K test after test at -30. Over 19.2K with an unstable for daily -36.

Soldato
I got a Nitro+ XTX about a month ago. Its size and performance are very impressive. I even did an AI upscaling project, and it ran surprisingly well, considering that kind of stuff is dominated by Nvidia. The noise level is excellent, too; I don't think it's ever louder than my CPU fan, even during the AI project or 4k gaming. I haven't tried overclocking since the performance is very good already. What kind of performance increase should I expect from the oc, and how much will the noise and heat go up?

Last edited:
Associate
It’s a bit of a balancing act to be honest. If you put up the slider all the way to +15 the nitro will pull 450 watts plus. You will soon find out if your case is well ventilated. I’ll give you some tuning figures when I’m back from work. They are not the fastest but they are stable. Also worth noting is that figures from bench runs are not stable on games.

Associate
It’s a bit of a balancing act to be honest. If you put up the slider all the way to +15 the nitro will pull 450 watts plus. You will soon find out if your case is well ventilated. I’ll give you some tuning figures when I’m back from work. They are not the fastest but they are stable. Also worth noting is that figures from bench runs are not stable on games.
Your not wrong about bench setting and game stable settings! Looks like I need 1110mv for games.

Soldato
Just got 16k with my 7900xt in superpostion 1080p extreme.
Hows this compare with everyone else?

K2LL1B6.png

Soldato
I did this under superposition tuning rather than global tuning which I assume will work and only apply this setting for superposition.

I left memory stock as im power limited and when I overclock the memory I use core speed?

As for voltage moving it down did seem to help but the overlay reported more than what the software said.
URspZG6.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom