• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 7900 XT(X) Owners Thread.

Soldato
Wife has a 3840x1600 UW so decided to see if I can get a bit more out of her 7900XT Nitro+, given how overbuilt it is.

Unfortunately she does not seem to have won the lottery when it comes to memory OC, her card runs 2487MHz out of the box, and once I go past around 2537 real (2550 in control panel), I start to get occasional errors in memtest vulkan which is certainly nowhere near as high as some have managed (I don't want to be seeing even a single error in a 1 hour or so test run, so even if there are VERY occasional memory errors, they're unlikely to cause any major issues.

This being said, she does seem to have a pretty decent core chip. I've been able to stick the power to +15 (400W), leave the fan on auto, set maximum core clocks to 3100 to allow it to do its thing and it so far seems to be stable on an undervolt at 1015mv, which from my reading seems to be on the decent side. In tandem with that overbuilt Nitro cooler it's then generally sitting around 2.9GHz under load, sometimes dropping into upper 2.8GHz range during load however I saw it breach 3GHz a few times to around the 3050MHz mark also.

This seems pretty good, and the card still isn't overwhelmingly noisy. DLSS/RT aside, this 7900xt is kicking the daylight out of my 3080 and making me a little jealous hahah

Correct me if I'm wrong though, but from what I'd seen, anything lower than 1050mv UV stable for a 7900XT seems pretty decent, with 1000mv being golden sample territory?
The official game clock is 2220, and boost clock is 2560, so seeing a good 10-20% above that boost clock seems pretty good going?

Either way, if this proves to be stable across a wider gamut of games and longer play sessions, I likely won't push the undervolt any further. If it was my card I'd be trying to find that exact stability line/how far I could go, but even if her card will hit a little lower; stability is more important for her machine :)

I don't know about golden sample territory or anything like that as I've not look at others results too much but I run my 7900xt Pulse at 2850/2600mhz with 1000mv. 0% on power limit and it pulls ~300w

Last edited:
Soldato
I have downloaded the latest DDU now. And reinstalled drivers. All working now.

But Helldivers is back to crashing all the time. FFS.

havent played helldivers for a while now, heard there were issues if you were in a mission picking up certain items would hard crash you back to desktop, i'm on 24.3.1 and its super stable in everyother game i play, just have to wait for them to roll out a fix

Associate
Really impressed with AMD this generation. Their adrenaline software is excellent. Runs flawlessly on my second monitor. Great to see all the GPU and CPU info in a format that looks fantastic too. Going to fire up a few games this afternoon to see the difference the 7800X3D makes to performance vs my old 9700k!
Have you done any tweaking with the 7800X3D?

Man of Honour
I run -30 all cores with curve optimiser. Drops temps and squeezes out every last drop of all core performance. If you use Cinebench 23 as is and then give curve optimiser a go you should see a nice uplift.

So at the moment it seems stable with -35 across all cores.

Tried -30 and got 17311
Tried -35 and got 17900

Seems to have knocked the temperatures down a fair bit. Now mostly in the 50s gaming rather than 60s.

EXPO seems really temperamental at the moment. Most of the time it just doesn’t post, regardless of any other setting. Still need to update the BIOS, although I think the only update I don’t have only has updates for the next gen of processors, so I’m not sure I’m missing much.

Last edited:
Associate
So at the moment it seems stable with -35 across all cores.

Tried -30 and got 17311
Tried -35 and got 17900

EXPO seems really temperamental at the moment. Most of the time it just doesn’t post, regardless of any other setting. Still need to update the BIOS, although I think the only update I don’t have only has updates for the next gen of processors, so I’m not sure I’m missing much.
Which board and bios are you running with which kit if ram?

Back
Top Bottom