The ROG Rampage V Edition 10 Owners Thread

Sem

Sem

Soldato
This is MSRP.

The board is working great in my testing.

The IMC is not strong at all on BW-E neither is Cache clocking. I prepared stuff for a review of the CPUs on this board prior to computex will try get it up tomorrow.

im sure its a nice board but i get the feeling all these tech companines are taking us for a bunch of mugs

my RVE has died so i was looking to get one of these the RVE cost me £320 on release back in 2014 and now its around £380 and now this RV E10 is £525

i have no doubt its an improvment on the RVE but really at that price?

probably paying more for prestige/brand name

OcUK Staff
I am leaving my other 5960X systems alone.

I will be upgrading an old 3930k based PC and using the same type of memory as my other X99 systems.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/corsair-dominator-platinum-16gb-4x4gb-ddr4-pc4-25600c16-3200mhz-quad-channel-kit-cmd16gx4m4b3200c-my-411-cs.html

I was hoping the IMC on the 6950X was going to be better but it does not look that way. Once the PC is up and running I will test out the IMC and see if it is worth trying something like 3400mhz DDR4.

It's not worth trying.

Soldato
No updates yet as to when stock arrives? Funny how you can be impatient for new boys toys. Lol.:D

Come on Asus - deliver the goodies.

Soldato
Mine's been shipped and as with you a rebuild coming up.

Just had the e mail - mine has shipped also- woot.:D
Still cant believe I spent this much on a board though - must be insane. Hope it proves worthy.
Wish I could afford one of the ten core monster broadwell cpu to go with it. Maybe I should sell my 8Pack
4.75 Ghz 5960, but I don't think it would be worth it as it is a stonking chip.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom