• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RT Related Games, Benchmarks, Software, Etc Thread.

Pet Northerner
Don
While you will never notice it when swinging through NYC, It's still a nice little graphical feature, Spideys lenses are fully RT'd.

R9OitiD.jpeg
you see for me I think that's a waste of resource in rendering. Especially compared to windows etc.

Man of Honour
It depends on what the cost of that rendering such a small area is. RT reflections are the most cost effective form of RT second only to RT ambient occlusion and then shadows not far off. RTGI is the big fps killer. You can try it in games like Witcher 3 or Cyberpunk, turn on all the other RT features but leave off RT global illumination and notice the fps difference. Heck even my 2070 Super was running RT Reflections without much cough back in the day :p

On consoles it's a bit different because the CPU is doing a lot of the work, and any cost in additional rendering eats into the CPU time budget whichis why even things like AF which is free on PC, has a big cost on console and they can only manage 4x AF before the budget is reached.

The reason Spiderman can do the above is because look at the background scenery, all of the buildings have little to no 3D definition, no AO, no shadowing, no specular, they could easily be 2D flat. It's only once you get closer do the RT reflections get defined off windows, but the structure of the buildings themselves remain flat. This is again a direct port from console, and they ported over the lack of BG definition as well as we know that the PC could easily handle actual building detail at great scale.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Very much looking forward to spiderman 2, hopefully they'll dial up the RT effects for pc like they did for the first game and miles morales :cool:

Soldato
Very much looking forward to spiderman 2, hopefully they'll dial up the RT effects for pc like they did for the first game and miles morales :cool:

Going by current Playstation to PC port time lines it should be on PC around 2026-2027 as it seems it's usually a 3-4 year wait, And even at that point once it is on PC we'll likely be waiting an additional 1-2 years before they fix all the bugs and polish it up. So 2029 seems about right.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Going by current Playstation to PC port time lines it should be on PC around 2026-2027 as it seems it's usually a 3-4 year wait, And even at that point once it is on PC we'll likely be waiting an additional 1-2 years before they fix all the bugs and polish it up. So 2029 seems about right.

Wasn't there a leak to say it will be this year? I imagine the unofficial leak/port has impacted their original plans which would have been 2026+

Last edited:
Soldato
Still though, what does it better? Only games I would argue is RDR 2 and GTA 5 but their game worlds are empty and don't have as much going on not to mention are just as scripted, if not more so.

Deus Ex was better for me in terms of the mood, the setup for the story. It was darker, more serious. Cyberpunk felt like a satire. Deus Ex also flowed better, but that was also because it wasn't as opened.
It also looked good (Mankind Divided) - very good textures and geometry.

Caporegime
I find amusing how Alex is like "we don't really need path tracing for everything, we could do physics better!"... and I'm like, why not both? Why not a GPU to handle physics and perhaps AI like AMD demoed back in the day?
Think big, man, B I G!

Yeah physics is something I'm really hoping we will see improve as environments now just feel so static, maybe with path/ray tracing, we will start to see this improve since the work to have correct lighting etc. will be correct regardless of how the environment looks, time will tell.....

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Deus Ex was better for me in terms of the mood, the setup for the story. It was darker, more serious. Cyberpunk felt like a satire. Deus Ex also flowed better, but that was also because it wasn't as opened.
It also looked good (Mankind Divided) - very good textures and geometry.

100%.

That was one of my disappointments of Cyberpunk actually. Story was not as good.

Soldato
While you will never notice it when swinging through NYC, It's still a nice little graphical feature, Spideys lenses are fully RT'd.

R9OitiD.jpeg

Little touches like this look great

Only yesterday i was looking up this game on youtube and wondering if it was worth buying.
(Think i already have it on my PS5, But have never played it :o:cry:)

Soldato
7800X3D would be a nice upgrade even over a 7700X.

Thought about it but at 4k it's a pitiful upgrade sadly. That said I'll likely get the new one just because.
I do still have two M2 slots free. Been thinking about getting a 4tb average drive for games that don't need the speed of the good ones.

Back
Top Bottom