*** The Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Thread ***

Soldato
Anyone else just hoping this means a load of Note 7's soon to be marked for rapid stock clearance?

I certaily wouldn't mind if that happened, making $1 on a phone is better than making no $$ so these events could induce a fire sale atmosphere at Samsung.

Soldato
It's pretty bad. I suspect Apple are having a party.

I doubt Apple are partying too hard. As Samsung have shown things can escalate pretty damn quick to even the biggest firms, and no tech firm will want it happening to them, but these things do happen.

Though the shareholders will currently be rather happy at the moment I'm guessing.

Are Samsung still one of Apple's suppliers?

Soldato
Have any dates been given out for the re-release of the Note 7 in the UK? I'm torn between this and the Pixel (and potentially the S7) but I don't think my One M7 is going to last into November/December if it's likely to be that far away.

Don
Anybody that's still waiting for their credit from CPW - I just gave them a call after 2 weeks had passed without anything. I asked if they could just transfer the money into my account rather than the cheque and the customer service rep just took my card details and said the money would be refunded to that card in 3-5 days.

Associate
Have any dates been given out for the re-release of the Note 7 in the UK? I'm torn between this and the Pixel (and potentially the S7) but I don't think my One M7 is going to last into November/December if it's likely to be that far away.

28th October apparently.

Soldato
Anyone else just hoping this means a load of Note 7's soon to be marked for rapid stock clearance?

I contacted Samsung and they said that the 'refurbs' would not be being re-sold which is what I was hoping for. I feel like they're not going to dump the 7 as it would be an admission of device failure.

I was really keen to get this phone as well, more so because the Pixel XL is such a massive non starter.

Soldato
So still about the same odds as being struck by a meteorite, I'll take the chance.

I think the question is soon going to be: do all Note 7s have the problem and will all eventually suffer a similar fate?

Assuming these aren't people trying to get easy money through suing (I think 100% of the confirmed replacement instances are in America) then Samsung is going to need to do more than replace a device with an S7 Edge, but they're going to need to offer some money to off-set the difference too, or offer a serious discount on an S8.

Back
Top Bottom