Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
OP
If they do i cant see it ..

For example

http://www.vapeescape.co.uk/boge-innokin-510-t-tank-atomisers~222

http://www.vapeescape.co.uk/joyetech-ego-c-1000mah-upgrade-battery~316

and eco c battery .. the connections looks nothing alike.. or am i missing summit ?

The thread of the atty screws into the thread on the battery just fine. The atty will be thinner than the battery, but it'll work grand.

As far as sorting your wicking issue, I don't know much about ego c atties. I can recommend smok mega dual coil cartomisers though. Cheap, good flavour, good vapour. And they look good on an ego battery. I keep trying other atties, but nothing seems to work as well without extra hassle. VG, PG it's all good.

Soldato
OP
Never vaped before but just ordered a 510 Titan Tank this evening for me and the girlfriend to try.

Any tips on using it etc? How long do atomizers tend to last?

Cheers

EDIT:

Oh and found this - might be useful if anyone is considering trying vaping before investing more. If I had of found this link earlier I probably would have tried to be honest before buying the Titan.

1 Million Free Electronic Cigarettes being given away at Apollo Ecigs

Titan kits are a good way to try out vaping. With tanks, just give it a few puffs without activating the battery to get the liquid flowing so you don't get a horrible burnt taste of a dry wick (always stop vaping if you get the slightest hint of burnt flavour)! The primer tastes rough so give it a while to break in.

Tank atties can last anywhere from a week to a month before they start losing their performance. Let us know if you have any wicking/flooding issues :)

Soldato
If they do i cant see it ..

For example

http://www.vapeescape.co.uk/boge-innokin-510-t-tank-atomisers~222

http://www.vapeescape.co.uk/joyetech-ego-c-1000mah-upgrade-battery~316

and eco c battery .. the connections looks nothing alike.. or am i missing summit ?

The thread of the atty screws into the thread on the battery just fine. The atty will be thinner than the battery, but it'll work grand.

I thought this too, didn't notice there was a thread on the inside wall of the battery connector end as well :p

TBH I got real fed up with tank atties because of the inconsistency and iffy reliability. Chucking a £1 carto away that's failed to last a 4 days is less painful than chucking a £7-9 tank that just won't produce the right flavour or dry hits every other puff

I just use Boge standard resistance cartomisers now. ~£1 each, throw away items....

Although I have been saving mine for a little while to try this

Soldato

As far as sorting your wicking issue, I don't know much about ego c atties. I can recommend smok mega dual coil cartomisers though. Cheap, good flavour, good vapour. And they look good on an ego battery. I keep trying other atties, but nothing seems to work as well without extra hassle. VG, PG it's all good.

got a link to them ?

Soldato
I used to boil my 510 attys, then moved onto tornado attys, stop boiling them and just cleaned them with hot water and blew them out. Now i use the ego c attys and clean them out with hot water. They have always lasted me months. Same with batteries ive been using the same tornado batterys for over 6 months. I have one battery that is coming up for a year old.

I do rotate them. I have three batteries and loads of the ego c attys. Ive now started to rewick my ego c attys but ive only had to rewick them when they were faulty (kept the burnt taste) from new.

The ego c attys are so small and dont need a boil since they do not hold much liquid inside.

Soldato
I used to boil my 510 attys, then moved onto tornado attys, stop boiling them and just cleaned them with hot water and blew them out. Now i use the ego c attys and clean them out with hot water. They have always lasted me months. Same with batteries ive been using the same tornado batterys for over 6 months. I have one battery that is coming up for a year old.

I do rotate them. I have three batteries and loads of the ego c attys. Ive now started to rewick my ego c attys but ive only had to rewick them when they were faulty (kept the burnt taste) from new.

The ego c attys are so small and dont need a boil since they do not hold much liquid inside.

I'm intrigued, never tried the C type, may I ask a few Ego C related questions? Do you suffer with leaks or ever get a bad one that never works right? If they are lasting you months I assume you are a light vaper? TIA

:cool:

Soldato
I'm intrigued, never tried the C type, may I ask a few Ego C related questions? Do you suffer with leaks or ever get a bad one that never works right? If they are lasting you months I assume you are a light vaper? TIA

:cool:

I use just over one tanks worth a day. Same with my partner, shes been using my old smaller type batteries that i originally vaped my tornado with.

I have only just gone onto ego c. They are much better than the full tonrado cone thing. You just replace the atty, not the whole cone. The atty is removable form the cone. 5 attys are about £12. I had 2 attys out of 10 i bought that tasted burnt straight form the packet. I phoned up totally wicked and they gave me two new ones straight away (free).

I have recentally rewicked the two that didnt work... now they work. In fact they work better when rewicked with just mesh (not the cotton wick stuff). But saying that they work better, the taste and hit is better but for that privillage it eats up liguid faster. I was going through 1 tank a day, now i go through 1 1/2 tanks worth (but only when using my rewicked ones).

Dont get any trouble with leaking, never had trouble with leaking with the ego c or tornado. But my partner did have trouble with her tornado cone (my old ones). but we found out that was to do with the liquid. I use Liberty Flights XO strawberry all the time, now she has started to use this liquid, rather than the TW strawberry liquid, she hasnt had any troubles.

After tasting my ego c vap she has now moved onto these and we have ditched the last of the tornado cones, the newist were at least 4 months old (and still working)

I think its about regular cleaning, i swap my attys out every 6 days. Flush the old one through and leave it to dry.

The best thing (money wise) about the ego c attys is that when you swap one for a new one it doesnt suck up a tanks worth of liquid like the tornado cones did.

I use 8mg liquid. I think we worked it out earlier in this thread that its about 5 or 6 ciggys worth in a tank.

Also all my old tanks and batteries work with the new ego c setup.

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks bushmins! So the TW ones the one to get? Or are they all the same? I have 3 ego/Tornado batteries already

Also, I think my taste for coffee liquid has a lot to do with killing my tanks, it clogs up cartos real quick too... Must find a nice clear liquid :)

Associate
Regarding the Titan Tank 510 I purchased recently -

I find that the carts empty very quickly - how long roughly does a full cart tend to last? I have also been having a problem with them leaking - these are all new pre filled carts - the first 1 was a poor fit and would disconnect from the atomizer very easily. It also leaked over night and emptied most of the fluid. The other carts have fitted better, but as I say they seem to use up incredibly quickly and also seem to leak a bit.

I am baffled by the last cart - it looked like it was about 75% full - I went and had dinner and then picked it up again and it appears to be totally empty. No sign or evidence of leakage at all. With this one I was finding I would have to draw a bit harder to get anything out of it - but am totally confused about how the cart seems to have become empty in the space of 1-2 hours with no use and no leakage...

Any advice or pointers as to what I may be doing wrong would be appreciated.

Soldato
Thanks bushmins! So the TW ones the one to get? Or are they all the same? I have 3 ego/Tornado batteries already

Also, I think my taste for coffee liquid has a lot to do with killing my tanks, it clogs up cartos real quick too... Must find a nice clear liquid :)

I got mine from TW because they had a decent discount at the time. All the ego c makes are the same. Liberty Flights will do a 10% off with tons of codes out there 'dontsmoke' being one of the ones i use.

Soldato

I find that the carts empty very quickly - how long roughly does a full cart tend to last? I have also been having a problem with them leaking - these are all new pre filled carts - the first 1 was a poor fit and would disconnect from the atomizer very easily. It also leaked over night and emptied most of the fluid. The other carts have fitted better, but as I say they seem to use up incredibly quickly and also seem to leak a bit.

I am baffled by the last cart - it looked like it was about 75% full - I went and had dinner and then picked it up again and it appears to be totally empty. No sign or evidence of leakage at all. With this one I was finding I would have to draw a bit harder to get anything out of it - but am totally confused about how the cart seems to have become empty in the space of 1-2 hours with no use and no leakage...

Are your tank caps hard plastic or are the spongy silicon? Way back when I got my first tank kit they were the hard plastic type. When I purchased a set of silicon caps it nearly solved my leakage problems.

Soldato
OP

Tanks can be a bit fiddly at times. It's possible that the tank has emptied into the atomiser (odd that it didn't leak). Perhaps puffing harder on it created a bigger pressure difference than usual, pulling more juice out into the atty. TBH, I haven't used a tank atty in a long time so I don't know how much they've changed since then.

Associate
Thanks for the tips.

They are the hard plastic type so will try switching if the problem continues.

I have found for how much I use it the Titan 510 carts don't last all that long and likewise for the battery.

What would you guys reccommend as an upgrade from the 510 to something a bit more "heavy duty" for home use?

Soldato
OP
The titan stuff is great for on the go, but I would pick up an ego/tornado battery or an ego twist for something easy but effective. same charger too.

As for atomisers, I moved from tanks to mega dual coil cartomisers (I get mine from ecigwizard for a few quid). They work well, and I only replace them every 3 weeks or so depending on what liquid I'm using.

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the info. I have ordered 3 Ego Mega cartomizers and a Ego 900mah pass through battery. Hopefully I will get on better with these :)

Just be sure to let the liquid soak all the way through on the first fill. It can look as though it's full even if the bottom is still dry, so just leave it for a minute after filling to be sure. They take a lot of juice so just keep it topped up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom