***The Vapers Lounge***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Clear/light eliquid also prolongs cartomiser life. My coffee liquid clogs them real quick but vanilla does makes them last nearly twice as long

Agree with that, I got fed up of my RY5 clogging things up after a few days, so reverted back to the lighter RY4's out there and they last twice as long before needing to be changed or rebuilt(bulli)

On a side note, i did get the Bulli A2-TM to work for a few days then the coil popped :( since then ive not made a decent coil/wick combo :( its a never ending circle this lark - Recently got some Kanthal A1 0.15mm wire and some RY4 which is VG based - Wire is good, not too springy compared to other Kanthal, not noticed any odd taste so far with it - RY4 which i believe is Dekang is totally different to the other RY4's this is more tobacco based with a slight hint of sweetness, compared to Vapeescapes and C9Vaping's RY4 which are sweet with a hint of tobacco.

Now just to get a decent coil/wick combo working again and ill be happy (may need to thin the VG somehow)

Soldato
So I've bought a eGo mini starter kit to help me in my ongoing struggle to kick the ciggies due to the good things ive heard in this thread.

First off, I understand that all I'm doing is replacing cigarettes nicotine with this but I figured that being on vapour instead of tobacco has to be a good start.

Couple of questions, first off I bought both 8mg and 24mg menthol liquids from vapeescape, but I find the 24mg a really harsh hit but the 8 mg isnt supressing my cravings long enough :/

Because of this I am just trying to use the eGo to get over the initial urge to smoke, but with the 8mg and 24mg how long do I need to 'puff' for it to be equal to having a cig (I tend to inhale about the same as I usually would with normal cigs)? See I don't want to find out I've been vaping too much and making my cravings and addiction worse steadily.

Soldato
OP
So I've bought a eGo mini starter kit to help me in my ongoing struggle to kick the ciggies due to the good things ive heard in this thread.

First off, I understand that all I'm doing is replacing cigarettes nicotine with this but I figured that being on vapour instead of tobacco has to be a good start.

Couple of questions, first off I bought both 8mg and 24mg menthol liquids from vapeescape, but I find the 24mg a really harsh hit but the 8 mg isnt supressing my cravings long enough :/

Because of this I am just trying to use the eGo to get over the initial urge to smoke, but with the 8mg and 24mg how long do I need to 'puff' for it to be equal to having a cig (I tend to inhale about the same as I usually would with normal cigs)? See I don't want to find out I've been vaping too much and making my cravings and addiction worse steadily.

The first 2 weeks is a bit of a balancing act with finding your feet and routine. Since there's no defined "end" of an e-cig, you can vape as much as you feel like. I found vaping a low nic juice, but vaping it a lot was my preferred option, because then I could sit down and relax with a good long vape as opposed to having my head blown off with a few toots on a high nic juice. I'd say maybe vape the low nic stuff in the evening, and then vape the high nic stuff when you're on the go. I would suggest either 11mg or 18mg for the future though.

Soldato

Nicotine isn't the harmful substance in cigarettes, it is the tar, carbon monoxide etc.

Nicotine is comparable to caffeine, it's addictive and a stimulant but taken in small does (like you get from a cigarette or e-cig) is fine.

Soldato
Nicotine isn't the harmful substance in cigarettes, it is the tar, carbon monoxide etc.

Nicotine is comparable to caffeine, it's addictive and a stimulant but taken in small does (like you get from a cigarette or e-cig) is fine.

sorry, what I meant was that I realise I'm not getting rid of the addiction, just replacing the source of the addiction if you will (and as you say all the tar etc)

thanks anyway :)

Soldato
The first 2 weeks is a bit of a balancing act with finding your feet and routine. Since there's no defined "end" of an e-cig, you can vape as much as you feel like. I found vaping a low nic juice, but vaping it a lot was my preferred option, because then I could sit down and relax with a good long vape as opposed to having my head blown off with a few toots on a high nic juice. I'd say maybe vape the low nic stuff in the evening, and then vape the high nic stuff when you're on the go. I would suggest either 11mg or 18mg for the future though.

and thanks very much for this too, I think the 18mg sounds like about right for me, bearing in mind im trying to come off a 20 a day habit. So far im down to about 8-10 normal cigs in 3 days (roughly), my best day only had 5.

Soldato
sorry, what I meant was that I realise I'm not getting rid of the addiction, just replacing the source of the addiction if you will (and as you say all the tar etc)

thanks anyway :)

No probs. I'm just saying the vast majority of people aren't worried that they are addicted to caffiene (which 90% of the planet are btw) so why worry that you're addicted to nicotine if you are taking it in a safe way?

Nicotine has got a bad name over the years because up until recently the only way you could consume it was in the form of a cigarette, but now you aren't damaging your lungs that mentality needed be so much of a concern.

Soldato
For staying off the fags the most important thing is have spares of everything if possible! I've broke a couple of chargers, had a battery burst, lots of duff cartomisers/tank atties - some out of the packet, and even lost a newish bottle of juice :eek:

Associate
So the Ego Mega seems pretty harsh and I don't really get a lot of vapor from it - get much more from the 510.

I have made sure the tank is filled - in fact I probably over filled slightly to begin with.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong this time? :rolleyes:

Soldato
OP
So the Ego Mega seems pretty harsh and I don't really get a lot of vapor from it - get much more from the 510.

I have made sure the tank is filled - in fact I probably over filled slightly to begin with.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong this time? :rolleyes:

Have you overfilled the carto? In most cases, a harsh hit with little to no vapour is a sign that the atomiser is flooded. If you vape through it it should even out after a bit.

Soldato
Ok ive got a couple of questions again, Recently got some Ry4 which is VG based, the seller diluted it with some distilled water for me, but its still not thin enough for the Bulli, its struggling to pull it down with 1 or 2 strands of wick, and with a straight mesh wick it floods and leaks - Any idea where i can Distilled water from? or If its safe to mix some of my same strength RY4 PG based into the RY4 thats vg to do the same job?.
Second is to Bulli owners/users, did your bulli kinda seep liquid from the threads between the base and spike part above the knurling? Mine is and im wondering if my threads are too loose.

Soldato
Ok ive got a couple of questions again, Recently got some Ry4 which is VG based, the seller diluted it with some distilled water for me, but its still not thin enough for the Bulli, its struggling to pull it down with 1 or 2 strands of wick, and with a straight mesh wick it floods and leaks - Any idea where i can Distilled water from? or If its safe to mix some of my same strength RY4 PG based into the RY4 thats vg to do the same job?.
Second is to Bulli owners/users, did your bulli kinda seep liquid from the threads between the base and spike part above the knurling? Mine is and im wondering if my threads are too loose.

You can get distilled water from any motoring shop (they use it for car batteries), or the easiest thing to do is just boil tap water and let it cool (that's all distilled water is in essence).

Yes you can mix your PG liquid with your VG. I make my own e-Liquid and although it's mainly VG based I use PG as a thinner. Another option is to use Vodka, it increases the throat hit and of course it distilled by nature.

Associate
You can get distilled water from any motoring shop (they use it for car batteries), or the easiest thing to do is just boil tap water and let it cool (that's all distilled water is in essence).

Yes you can mix your PG liquid with your VG. I make my own e-Liquid and although it's mainly VG based I use PG as a thinner. Another option is to use Vodka, it increases the throat hit and of course it distilled by nature.

just make sure you don't get DI water

Soldato
Got a Vision Ego V3 rebuildable today, along with a spare head. Seems good so far, the first few puffs from a freshly charged battery are really throaty. It seems to vape quite hot and produces plenty of vapour but the flavour isn't quite as good as the Boge cartos I'm used to

7/10 so far

Soldato
Got a Vision Ego V3 rebuildable today, along with a spare head. Seems good so far, the first few puffs from a freshly charged battery are really throaty. It seems to vape quite hot and produces plenty of vapour but the flavour isn't quite as good as the Boge cartos I'm used to

7/10 so far

Mine tasted disgustingly burnt from the word go! Wasn't impressed and it went in the bin. Perhaps I got a duffer?

Soldato
Deffo no burn taste here, using a light vanilla flavour which does not suffer a duff carto/atomiser

I've read lots of mixed feelings regarding these but mine seems ok. Using the 2.4ohm version on 3.7v batteries btw.

Oh and I let it wick for about 3 hours, busy busy with my little girl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom