***The Vapers Lounge***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Cheers guys, i have watched a few vids and done the method, but i always seem to be shorting the coil out, so not sure whats going on, used my blowtorch (almost melted my finger the first time lol) and a couple of lighters i found, using 400 and 500 mesh.

When you say 'shorting out', do you mean the 'hot spot' on the top of the coil? If so, just use a tooth pick or something small to move the coil a little, also try to make sure the wick isn't touching the sides of the wick hole (easier said than done).

Turn the volts/watts down a little on your device until the coil beds in, it may take an hour, it may take a day or so, but that method works for me.

I usually make a 1.5 - 1.9 ohm coil and always start off using it at 3.0v on the Provari, then after an hour I turn it up to 3.2v and by the end of the day I'm on to 3.7.

Dave Dorn (VTTV) came up with a trick of using cling film round the wick, it works for him and quite a few others, but not for me for some reason lol.

Soldato
When you say 'shorting out', do you mean the 'hot spot' on the top of the coil? If so, just use a tooth pick or something small to move the coil a little, also try to make sure the wick isn't touching the sides of the wick hole (easier said than done).

Turn the volts/watts down a little on your device until the coil beds in, it may take an hour, it may take a day or so, but that method works for me.

I usually make a 1.5 - 1.9 ohm coil and always start off using it at 3.0v on the Provari, then after an hour I turn it up to 3.2v and by the end of the day I'm on to 3.7.

Dave Dorn (VTTV) came up with a trick of using cling film round the wick, it works for him and quite a few others, but not for me for some reason lol.

I mean actually shorting it out, if i do that way and check the ohms its up and down each time i check it, if i take it out its stable at 2.2ohm - ill keep faffing with it, sometimes dont you just wish you had stuck with cartomisers lol less hassle.

Associate
I mean actually shorting it out, if i do that way and check the ohms its up and down each time i check it, if i take it out its stable at 2.2ohm - ill keep faffing with it, sometimes dont you just wish you had stuck with cartomisers lol less hassle.

I wish you luck with it mate, took me a while to get the hang of it too, but practice, practice and more practice lol.

Carto's did me proud for 8 months, the vision egos for a month too, but you can't beat the flavour of the mesh wick, just keep faffing ;).

Soldato
Cheers and the best of luck :)

Well it has turned up and is definitely genuine DK juice. 50ml for £12.69 delivered is a very good price as I was paying £10.00 delivered for 30ml before. It has the manufactured date printed on the side as 26/11/2012 and has an expiry date of 26/11/2014 so is not old stock either. Proper invoice as well and delivered in 2 days, which at this time of year means they ship immediately.

30ml bottle compared to the new 50ml -

l2kZL.jpg

Associate
Nice to see there's a vaping thread here. It's really helped me cut back on smoking, hoping soon I can move off analogs completely.

In the market for another new device now though... not sure which route to go haha too many choices

Soldato
If anyone is wanting a new VV&VW device, i can recommend the Ego Vamo/Vamo/Bamboo, all the same thing apart from the names, device will take 18650 batterys or single and stacked 18350's, there are 3 versions, chrome (cheapest) - black chrome (roughly same price) and the stainless steel one (about £10 more)..Its been tested all over the net and has come close to the Vmax and Zmax in terms of the output it can deliver.
Really has shown me that the Lavatubes i was using are so hit and miss, if i set them all to 3.7v, the 2 LT's i have barely produce a whisper, then the Vamo is producing clouds and overall the feel and quality of it is miles ahead, metal buttons etc, clear screen (same size as the Lavatubes)

My only thing i would say, ive had 2 Black Chrome Vamo's and the smoke layer has worn off within a few days, but underneath that its a plain chrome one, so you could possibly buff out of the rest.
Really is a good budget VV-VW device without spending close to £100.

Soldato
OP
If anyone is wanting a new VV&VW device, i can recommend the Ego Vamo/Vamo/Bamboo, all the same thing apart from the names, device will take 18650 batterys or single and stacked 18350's, there are 3 versions, chrome (cheapest) - black chrome (roughly same price) and the stainless steel one (about £10 more)..Its been tested all over the net and has come close to the Vmax and Zmax in terms of the output it can deliver.
Really has shown me that the Lavatubes i was using are so hit and miss, if i set them all to 3.7v, the 2 LT's i have barely produce a whisper, then the Vamo is producing clouds and overall the feel and quality of it is miles ahead, metal buttons etc, clear screen (same size as the Lavatubes)

My only thing i would say, ive had 2 Black Chrome Vamo's and the smoke layer has worn off within a few days, but underneath that its a plain chrome one, so you could possibly buff out of the rest.
Really is a good budget VV-VW device without spending close to £100.

Interesting, I am in the market for a new one as my LT threads are wrecked (I have a piece of paper stuffed in to keep my atty secure!). How much do they go for and where is cheapest?

Associate
I'd just like to point out that having them all set at 3.7v and not getting good results doesn't tell you anything. Could be the LT is putting out 3.7v and the Vamo is outputting more. Not likely but it doesn't mean anything without testing the output.

LTs are showing their age now. When they were first around the kicked the butt of anything else at their price point. Now there are loads of cheaper VV/VW devices about.

I might look into one of these. My Lavatube is getting a bit past it. I've dropped it a million times and filled it with juice. I'm pretty sure it isn't outputting the right voltage any more and it misfires more than I'd like.

Soldato
Interesting, I am in the market for a new one as my LT threads are wrecked (I have a piece of paper stuffed in to keep my atty secure!). How much do they go for and where is cheapest?

Cheapest you can get these is from http://zainy.net/162--latest-provari-vv-mod-vamo-.html, about £24 i believe, comes from china i think, a few of the UK retailers have these, vapourhut and vapeescape have them, vape escape have the SS version.

Crowort, the Vamo has been tested to be more accurate than LT's in many aspects, the quick 3.7v test just gives you an idea of the difference, its the same result as you up the voltage

Also the Vamo has 2 settings, No1 and No2 - No1 is a jack in the box setting, you might set it at 3.7, but it might throw 4.2 at you, or even 3.3 or anything really - No2 is the accurate setting, you set 3.7 it gives 3.7.
To change that, hold the right little button till you see the ohms, keep holding it for another 10 secs and it will change to either no1/no2, but you want it to say no2.

Pretty big thread over here http://ukvapers.org/Thread-VAMO-VV-the-Z-Max-alternative?page=129 has everything you would need.

Last edited:
Associate
It should be the same as a newer LT. Uses the same bits inside people are saying. My LT is one of the older models so it would be a step up and it has VW (No1 mode?) Plus it is good bit cheaper than a new LT.

I should be bulk buying nic not looking at mods anyway. The government ain't going to be able to stop mods but looking like they are going to start on juice.

Soldato
It should be the same as a newer LT. Uses the same bits inside people are saying. My LT is one of the older models so it would be a step up and it has VW (No1 mode?) Plus it is good bit cheaper than a new LT.

I should be bulk buying nic not looking at mods anyway. The government ain't going to be able to stop mods but looking like they are going to start on juice.

Roughly the same yea, revised circuitry thats about it, as for the VV/VW thats not the no1-no2 thing, to change from VV to VW, press the 2 small buttons at the same time and hold it till it changes from V to W.

All the no1 and no2 thing is, is the way it delivers the current, as i say no1 is a jack in the box and not accurate at all, no2 is the accurate setting - Most Vamo's come with no2 mode already active, but some didnt and were popping carto's and coils due to the up and down nature of the no1 setting.

Soldato
OP
24 quid is cheap! Well then, I may have to give it a go. What's the build quality like? My LT 2.1 is pretty rubbish. The tube is solid and the buttons work fine, but the threads going is just unforgivable.

Soldato
The weight of the Chrome ones is immense, real hefty feel to it, as for the threads, it looks like a standard 510 connector we get on every other device, but so far no issues with the threads on mine, plus they are silver not the brass ones on the earlier LT's.

Soldato
OP
The weight of the Chrome ones is immense, real hefty feel to it, as for the threads, it looks like a standard 510 connector we get on every other device, but so far no issues with the threads on mine, plus they are silver not the brass ones on the earlier LT's.

I'm pretty sure the threads on mine were made with balsa wood. They never fit very well (I had to buy an adapter to get my nova to fit)

Soldato
I'm pretty sure the threads on mine were made with balsa wood. They never fit very well (I had to buy an adapter to get my nova to fit)

No such issues on the vamo, nobody has reported bad threads and no horror storys of them stripping so far, the Vamo's skirt doesnt allow ce5's i think, you need an adapter to make them fit, apart from that everything fits nicely.

Soldato
OP
No such issues on the vamo, nobody has reported bad threads and no horror storys of them stripping so far, the Vamo's skirt doesnt allow ce5's i think, you need an adapter to make them fit, apart from that everything fits nicely.

I'm sold. I'll be picking one up with my next paycheck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom