***The Vapers Lounge***

Status
Not open for further replies.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Ok I'm tempted to try these so which one do I buy ? Is it worth just picking one of the many that are laying about near the counter of the local store or should I get a decent one ?

Associate
Can anybody tell me if there's an e-cig out there that will suit me?

I dont want to be messing around with filling carts up and replacing bits and pieces, having to do maintenance and the likes. I simply want an e-cig where I can buy a load of pre-filled carts, and just swap them out as and when. Granted this may be more expensive than self-filling, but I'm happy to pay for convienance.

I tried an e-cig during the early days, the constant faffing about with them is what put me off.

So if anyone can reccomend something I would be greatful :)

Associate

I dont want to be messing around with filling carts up and replacing bits and pieces, having to do maintenance and the likes. I simply want an e-cig where I can buy a load of pre-filled carts, and just swap them out as and when. Granted this may be more expensive than self-filling, but I'm happy to pay for convienance.

I tried an e-cig during the early days, the constant faffing about with them is what put me off.

Have you looked at the Microlite kits? I started on them before moving to a Titan. Prefilled carts cost around £10 for 10, I'd get through about one a day. The thing I liked about them is they come with a box that also acts as a charger. Just charge your box up overnight and you can charge your batteries whilst you're on the go. Available at Totally Wicked or TECC.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Ok I'm tempted to try these so which one do I buy ? Is it worth just picking one of the many that are laying about near the counter of the local store or should I get a decent one ?

It's definitely worth getting something decent, but that doesn't mean it has to be expensive. The over-the-counter jobbies tend to have poor battery life, unreliable automatic switches, and rubbish atomisers, which culminate in an unsatisfying experience. There's some info in the OP about different setups, but the product links may be dead by now.

I'm a big fan of these cartomisers (drip liquid into the wadding once a day and forget about it, replace once every two weeks or so)
http://www.ecigwizard.com/en/access...a-dual-coil-cartomiser-black-5ml-tornado.html

on a variable volt battery such as this (get two so you can use one while you charge the other)
http://www.ecigwizard.com/en/access...-650mah-variable-voltage-3-stage-battery.html

and then all you need is a charger
http://www.ecigwizard.com/en/access...usb-ego-riva-piper-rapid-battery-charger.html

and some liquid, which is just preference. After that it's just e-liquid and the occasional atomiser as running costs.

The bits I suggested above are as low maintenance as you could want. I pull the rubber mouthpiece out, drip some liquid into the cart until it looks slightly soggy, then put the mouthpiece on and vape away for the rest of the day. No dry hits, no fiddling. It takes all of 10-20 seconds to refill the cart and you only have to do it once a day (and I vape at my desk at work all day!). Plus, it gives you the choice of whatever flavour you'd like so you can mix it up when you get bored. I spent more time rolling cigarettes or looking for a lighter than I do charging batteries and filling cartos. Replacing dead cartos is only a matter of unscrewing it and screwing on a new one too.

If you're really set on something replaceable, there are still prefilled carts available for some types of atomiser, but the reason I keep coming back to those cartos is that they never have wicking problems, so I think it's not only cheaper, but easier and more satisfying to use them. I'm sure the chaps on here would be happy to spec something up if you don't feel like giving them a go though.

E: oops, looks like someone already did :p

Associate
Thanks for all the advice above :) I now have some reading to do!

See I enjoy smoking, I dont even really want to give up. However since vaping is a lot better for me than real smoke, I may as well make the switch for the New Year.

Point taken about rolling cigs, as long as it doesnt take any longer to roll cigs than it does to prep an e-cig, then im ok with that.

Soldato
OP
Thanks for all the advice above :) I now have some reading to do!

See I enjoy smoking, I dont even really want to give up. However since vaping is a lot better for me than real smoke, I may as well make the switch for the New Year.

Point taken about rolling cigs, as long as it doesnt take any longer to roll cigs than it does to prep an e-cig, then im ok with that.

Well, if you can roll all the cigarettes you'd smoke in one day in less than 20 seconds, then you either don't smoke much or roll very very quickly! :p

The only time you would spend any longer filling a carto is the first time you fill it. The wadding is quite densely packed out of the packet so you drip it down the sides, wait for it to soak, drip some more, wait, until it stops soaking through. You want to make sure you let it soak through because the bottom can still be dry even if the top looks soaked. The whole process takes maybe a full minute or two and you might do that every 2-3 weeks depending on how much you vape or how quickly your favourite juice wears out the carto.

After that first fill the wadding expands and becomes more porous, so it soaks up the juice much quicker and can be done while walking down the street. It helps if your e-liquid comes in a squeezy bottle like the ones pictured above (I bought some empty ones for a few quid and decant mine into them), because you can literally just squirt it into the carto once or twice and screw the lid back on the bottle.

Last edited:
Associate
Im all about the vaping now. Ordered a T-Tank (kit) the day after boxing day and it arrived this morning, Im guessing TW were closed between xmas and New Year.

But anyway, I think its great. I got the menthol one, in hindsight I think I'd have been better off with the 'normal' one as I've never been over keen on menthol cigarettes but not to worry I've shoved in the medium strength tank and I'm puffing away like a good 'un. Its probably way too early for bold sweeping statements but the only cigarette I've had today so far is when I was charging the batteries for my e-cig, and I don't actually fancy one.

Ive ordered a shed load of sample juices this morning from a few different places so hopefully at least one pack will arrive tomorrow for the weekend taste session :)

Just for info TECC are having a sale at the moment up to 29% off some items. TW are also have 20% off everything all through january using code: NY2013

C.

Order one of these, if you take to it then just buy another battery, the clearomisers in the link are about £5 and last for about 3-4 weeks, dont forget the juice aswell.
http://www.easycigarettes.co.uk/single_clearomizer_CE4

Soldato
Got my first genesis atty coming tomorrow, SS version of vapourhuts genesis, been reworked apparently and has a larger wick hole, + screws instead of allen screws, comes with a clear tank or SS, and its £5 cheaper than the old one, im hoping i can get this one to work better than the bulli (took me months to find the right set up for that thing)

Soldato
hi, I use to smoke a couple of cigs a day, and being susceptible to shinyitis i bought a ego starter kit, now i'm vaping quite often. I was wondering if any vapers here have experienced a large increase in nicotine intake since moving to ecigs and about the addictiveness of vaping, as it seems like a very convenient and addictive habbit.

Associate
hi, I use to smoke a couple of cigs a day, and being susceptible to shinyitis i bought a ego starter kit, now i'm vaping quite often. I was wondering if any vapers here have experienced a large increase in nicotine intake since moving to ecigs and about the addictiveness of vaping, as it seems like a very convenient and addictive habbit.

It isn't something that concerns me much. Nicotine is fairly harmless, not 100% harmless but then nothing is. The harm reduction over cigs is huge and it lets me enjoy nicotine in a much safer way. If you are worried about it then vape less or at a lower strength.

Vaping is addictive and convenient. I don't think it is a good way to give up nicotine, I believe will power is the most important part, but a great way to stop smoking.

The raw numbers show I make more nicotine air born than when I smoked. I'm unsure how much I'm really getting to my bloodstream. There has been testing but I'm not sure it is really conclusive. We about 1mg of nicotine is absorbed from a cig into the blood but that it has more than that in it. I know I need the amount I need to be satisfied.

Soldato
It isn't something that concerns me much. Nicotine is fairly harmless, not 100% harmless but then nothing is. The harm reduction over cigs is huge and it lets me enjoy nicotine in a much safer way. If you are worried about it then vape less or at a lower strength.

Vaping is addictive and convenient. I don't think it is a good way to give up nicotine, I believe will power is the most important part, but a great way to stop smoking.

The raw numbers show I make more nicotine air born than when I smoked. I'm unsure how much I'm really getting to my bloodstream. There has been testing but I'm not sure it is really conclusive. We about 1mg of nicotine is absorbed from a cig into the blood but that it has more than that in it. I know I need the amount I need to be satisfied.

Cheers for the info! I'm really enjoying vaping to be honest, looking forward to trying my new flavours when they finally arrive from ecig wizard :p

Can anyone reccommend a really good grape cinamon-tobacco flavoured vape?

Soldato
OP
Cheers for the info! I'm really enjoying vaping to be honest, looking forward to trying my new flavours when they finally arrive from ecig wizard :p

Can anyone reccommend a really good grape cinamon-tobacco flavoured vape?

I don't know of one, but cinnamon tobacco sounds awesome! I'm a big fan of the House of Liquid El Toro range, with El Cigarillos being my fav so far. It has a very leafy natural tobacco flavour that doesn't really get old for me.

Currently vaping Totally wicked's gold standard blueberry which tastes exactly like blueberry pie-filling.

As for nic intake, I gradually went up to 18mg and stuck there because I wanted the extra throat hit, but having moved to a variable voltage device where I can control throat hit with extra volts, I recently dropped to 8mg and actually prefer it. I like to chain vape at my desk, so lower nic strength is a benefit there. You will find a balance with your device and personal habits that suits you.

Associate
Have done a decent amount of reading up tonight and thinking about giving this a try. I've pretty much given up smoking, usually less than 5 roll ups a week, other thank when drinking and the truth is I do still enjoy smoking, especially when drinking.

Any opinion on what would be the best out of these 3 starter kits?

http://www.vapeescape.co.uk/the-ve-riva-1100-deluxe-kit~151
http://www.ukecigstore.com/innokin-itaste-express-vv-black-replaceable-kit
http://www.ukecigstore.com/e-cigarettes/innokin/innokin-itaste-vv-kit-new-v2-tank-and-cartomizer-kit

I must admit, I'm not entirely sure on what the advantages/disadvantages of a tank are, but think I understand a fair amount of the rest. I'm happy to go to around £50 total for starting incluiding a little liquid (I would just get some medium strength liquid, not looking for anything flavoured yet) so if there is something that may be better then I'd appreciate the info.

Soldato
OP
I'd go for the itaste kit if I was choosing from those. Not a fan of the clearomisers as they don't wick very well with VG based juices, but most are predominantly PG anyway. Something to consider is that there's only one battery in the itaste kits, and you'll want two.

Last edited:
Associate
I have recently bought a skycig starter pack for my GF to try as it was only £10 (1 battery/3 various carts/usb+mains charger). Now, i hear you can refil the carts with 'juice' but i am a total noob at this vaping stuff so any help would be appreciated so i suppose i need to know -

1) Can i refil these carts with 'juice' and if so, do i have to clean them out in any way before refiling?

2) if i can do the above then where is the best place to buy the juice

I had a try of the 'classic tobacco' cart on the skycig for the first time and as an ex-smoker who has not smoked for 18 months i have to say i was quite impressed by my first try of vaping.

Last edited:
Associate
I've never used a skycig carto but I'm fairly sure the end you draw from will come out then there might be another cap inside that. Once you open them you'll see white cotton wool like stuff. You just drip 20-30 drops of juice in to that.

You are better not cleaning them imo You can boil and dry them but I find they never work as well if you clean them.

http://www.liberty-flights.co.uk/category.asp?categoryid=5
http://www.ecigwizard.com/en/e-liquid/
http://vapourhut.com/e-liquid
http://www.safercigs.co.uk/E-Liquids/cat705284_1085802.aspx

Are all trusted juices. I not sure which juice would be most like the stuff Skycig use since I've never used one.

Associate
Thanks Crowort, i am now thinking i will get my GF a vision eGo starter kit (if she takes to vaping) from ecigwizard as it just seems less hasle with a longer life battery and a cartomiser that you can visually see how much is left. She is worried about being at work and having no battery left or nothing in the cartomiser.

Soldato
OP
Thanks Crowort, i am now thinking i will get my GF a vision eGo starter kit (if she takes to vaping) from ecigwizard as it just seems less hasle with a longer life battery and a cartomiser that you can visually see how much is left. She is worried about being at work and having no battery left or nothing in the cartomiser.

Good choice. Get 2 batteries, that way she can always use one while the other charges (vital imo). I'm not a fan of the vision clearomisers, but loads of people rate them and they're certainly better than the little skycig carts.

There are loads of different liquids out there and finding the ones you like along with a nicotine strength that suits your use can take a while. Just buy little tester bottles until she finds her "all day vape"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom