The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Soldato
I dont like the new quest menu, it doesnt seem to show green, red or grey to see which quests are around your current level.

It shows but not as clear as it was before. Low level quests are still grey, quest at your own level is in White and high level quests are now in Orange. I to thought it was gone before I realized it was just the lever number that indicated it and not as clearly as before.

Soldato
Blood and wine visually looks stunning and I think it actually runs better than the main game looking at the frames.

They said they were improving the look and performance of the grass in B&W. I think they also said those changes were going to be in the main game too, will be interesting to see if they are.

Soldato
Can anyone confirm if playing blood and wine with the premade character, does it offer a tutorial to get us back into the mix?

Yes your orignal character carries on where you left off, the tutorials came on as though I'd started a new game, also keys reset to default which was annoying as I play left handed & forgot which keys I'd set as I last played several months ago.
You get 3 options as to how you start, straight into B&W or reload your last save in the main game where you will find the link on a noticeboard to the first B&W quest & 3rd choice which eludes me now

Soldato
Thanks! I have to do hearst of stone first so will make a premade character for that, would i then be able to use that character for this dlc? I imagine so

The whole game runs with dlc interchangeable with the main game, when you install dlc the main games list of quests will still be there and the dlc quests are added to it with a different colour and you can flit back & forth as much as you like

Soldato
Ini files, talk to me!

I changed them a while back, before the expansion and all the updates, following the guide on nvidias site for increased foliage and all that. I've just read this article:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2925...atch-as-furor-erupts-over-visual-quality.html

Should I wipe my ini files and let the game populate them and redo it? As I have this horrible niggly feeling that I'm hindering the graphics.

Thanks!

Soldato
Found a bug at the end of the part with the Unicorn,

completed that part & it started loading with a blank screen & I eventually had to abort it, reloaded it from an earlier save & now I can't swap the cake for the Apple, no matter what I do I can't get the Apple back in my hand

I'll have to go back to a much earlier save :mad:

EDIT: gone back even earlier & still got the same problem :confused:

Last edited:
Associate
Not played much as I'm not feeling great today so gonna save it for now but had to load it up to see how it holds up. So far seems great with everything I love about the Witcher games present.

Have to say it looks beautiful. It's certainly a step up from the original game and runs beautifully too. I'm getting north of 60fps constant with my GTX 970's at 1440p with everything maxed except for hairworks which is switched off completely. If I switch foliage visibilty range to high that figure hovers in the mid 80's so it's certainly running well and SLI also seems to be working perfectly.

When I feel a bit more alive I'm gonna have a great time with this I think.

Soldato
Haven't played the game for a while but decided to give it a go today because of the new patch and Blood and Wine (still a lot to do before I tackle this one as I'm near the end of the main storyline and haven't even touched Hearts of Stone).

Did they improve something besides the grass? I have the impression that the game looks noticeably better overall? I like the new menus and maps as well.

Back
Top Bottom