This is why people are losing respect for the police...

Associate
Not a fan of TR either but something stinks. Run riot in Trafalgar Square if you’re protesting something the police are scared of but get kettled if you are from a “brainwrong” group they don’t like.

The horse charging looks antagonistic to me. I’d like to see all the footage for context rather than the short clips circulating now.
This is the thing I can't stand any of them, but really if you step back what's the real difference between him and say Nigel Farage, apart from class.

While I don't follow either particularly, it seems one has been hounded further and further into extremism by the state, while the other has spent a couple of decades picking up a nice pay packet at the taxpayer's expense and legitimised by being offered spots on mainstream TV constantly.

Soldato
This is the thing I can't stand any of them, but really if you step back what's the real difference between him and say Nigel Farage, apart from class.

While I don't follow either particularly, it seems one has been hounded further and further into extremism by the state, while the other has spent a couple of decades picking up a nice pay packet at the taxpayer's expense and legitimised by being offered spots on mainstream TV constantly.
Yeah I don't have much interest in this stuff normally but I'm now asking myself, "what is the agenda here?"

The recent court case likely has something to do with it but it doesn't make sense for front line police officers to collectively hold some sort of grudge - that seems like nonsense to me. Who is pulling the strings?

Even the Daily Fail are toeing the line about "shameful violence" but it's all a bit light on detail.

Last edited:
Soldato
The police were looking for a scrap, as seen by them already hyping up tension with the stupid post that they are expecting the far right. Are these the police or reporters giving us a running commentary!?

In the video scenes there were no need for the police to be charging into the crowd. There were no need for them to be kettling.

Most violence that happens at far right marches or demonstrations comes from the protesters. Because that situation as been repeated so many times people just assume trouble will happen and wrongly assume its the far right creating it. There as even been a judicial review about this situation.

Unfortunately the police in the older days have left the force. The ones now are just going off assumptions which is causing them to overreact.

I think the police should be careful using "far right" as an insult because they aren't some insignificant minority any more. When a sizable amount of people start relating to the "far right" there is a society wide problem.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I thought that folks wanted people making loud noises getting their skulls smashed in though? I'm not sure it would be very fair to treat the skinny vegans at pro-Palestine marches getting the same touchy feely action from the constables as the big ENGLISH pie-eating patriots, wouldn't be right...

In all seriousness if folks want the police to make everyone that dares raise their voice a vegetable then I suppose it ought to be equitable.

Last edited:
Soldato
True, very true, but at least he's got the balls to highlight the horrific failings of the police, councils et al, whether he's doing it for attention or genuine concern.
I mean if he didn't bring all this to the forefront then nothing would get done about the above, and we'd all be worse off.
If one less child (I repeat, child) falls victim to the rape gangs or the police are reigned in for malpractise, then it's no bad thing imo.
But ymmv.
He only cares about white children though; he had no qualms falsely accusing a 15 year old Syrian boy on social media of assaulting two schoolgirls.

I think any time body camera footage isn't available for a criminal case then it should be thrown out.

There are too many cops purposely turning the camera off when they are upto no good. I'm not saying these cops did it. But there are plenty of times it's happened.
Cameras go wrong, systems fail, user error occurs and some forces don't even have them yet. What you're suggesting is absurd, as is the claim that cameras are being frequently turned off.

Last edited:
Soldato
He only cares about white children though; he had no qualms falsely accusing a 15 year old Syrian boy on social media of assaulting two schoolgirls.
From what I remember that Syrian kid was an absolute piece of ****
In interviews the neighbours/parents etc said exactly what a scrote he is.
I think the teachers were banned about talking about the case.

Soldato
From what I remember that Syrian kid was an absolute piece of ****
In interviews the neighbours/parents etc said exactly what a scrote he is.
I think the teachers were banned about talking about the case.
Doesn't appear to be true, and irrelevant to the point either way; you're suggesting Yaxley-Lennon's conduct is justified by him supposedly preventing children coming to harm, yet he's been convicted of libel against a child.

Soldato
Cameras go wrong, systems fail, user error occurs and some forces don't even have them yet. What you're suggesting is absurd, as is the claim that cameras are being frequently turned off.
I can accept broken cameras, as there should be an admin log being created (if not then one needs to be added).

So it is now absurd to expect the police to have standards? If you support the police you should be supporting the camera.

Soldato
No, it's absurd to dismiss all criminal prosecutions where no BWV footage is presented in evidence, when that could be for a variety of reasons.
There is likely to be no account of the crime.

If the police still carried their notebook that would be a good backup.

The camera holds the public and police to account, as well as record an account for any defense case.

Soldato
People have just become obsessed by taking videos of everything eg. those grouped around Gideon,
police have sworn an oath etc. you have to trust people - you want cameras on every street corner like China, even though UK population (doesn't seem to care)
that it is (as?) highly surveyed, let's have a body camera on MP's too.

Wondering if the USA and UK yoots will be protesting on the streets about the surgical excision of Tik-tok, compared to outcry on Gaza.

Soldato
I'd bet if there wasn't TikTok there wouldn't be so many people riled up and on the streets...
I do often wonder if China are playing the long game and just doing their best to screw up everyone's mental health in the West.

Their kids are doing calculus, our kids are doing stupid dances and other nonsense.

*adjusts tinfoil hat*

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom