Tomb Raider 2: Rise of the Tomb Raider Announced

Associate
That's good to hear!

I am so tempted to buy this tonight (to hell with the fact I have so many games on my list still to play and finish and despite the fact I'm neck deep in CoD MP progression).

Get it done. I was going to wait on the PS4 release but failed. The game is fantastic and runs really well too.

Soldato
Dumb choice of release time TBH. Wouldn't be surprised if it does decent numbers over time like the last game. Should be on most gamers' catch-up lists for the post-Christmas lull. Falling prices won't hurt either.

Caporegime
Dumb choice of release time TBH. Wouldn't be surprised if it does decent numbers over time like the last game. Should be on most gamers' catch-up lists for the post-Christmas lull. Falling prices won't hurt either.

I guess the idea is like all games, to catch the christmas shopper's wallets.

But unlike 2 years ago, it wasn't faced with Fallout, or Skyrim or Halo or Star Wars game or Metal Gear Solid.

I think if they kept the lid on and held it until next Christmas (disregard the licensing agreement), nobody would have been the wiser and sold a tonne more.

Soldato
Yea..same day as F4...that was just stupid...could have easily had ot advertised to sell on the first week of Dec..unless Christmas sales of when people buy what when tells them differently.

Caporegime
Yea..same day as F4...that was just stupid...could have easily had ot advertised to sell on the first week of Dec..unless Christmas sales of when people buy what when tells them differently.

I think they announced first, then Bethesda announced Fallout. Obviously Bethesda knows its game is so big it isn't afraid of anyone so it didn't matter.

But then Crystal Dynamics should have made up some rubbish and push the game back a little bit. These days every other game gets delayed and its not unusual.

Caporegime
To be honest Tomb Raider games went stale a long time ago for me and it's only you guys bigging it up that makes me interested again.

I get bored quite easily so don't tend to finish many games. the last TR was one of the few games I actually finished on the 360. Before that I have not played any TR games since the very first one that came out almost 20 years go.

Soldato
Its rare I play a game and have nothing to moan but with this I have nothing to moan about. The combat is very well done as is the exploring and climbing etc. It to me plays how an Uncharted game should, It's very fluid and has some incredible cinematic parts.

It's als full of little bits of immersive detail which add to the experience. I like how Lara reacts to the environments and how she is dressed.

You can really tell Crystal Dynamics have put a lot of effort into the game.

Associate
Totally agree it's all the little details. The two I like most are when she wrings her hair out when getting out of water and when she puts a hand on a cave wall when walking to close to it. Just about to start fallout but tomb raider is still calling me. :/

Soldato
Totally agree it's all the little details. The two I like most are when she wrings her hair out when getting out of water and when she puts a hand on a cave wall when walking to close to it. Just about to start fallout but tomb raider is still calling me. :/

I started fallout last night, but had the constant urge to turn it off and play more of this, but resisted for 4 hours :)

Man of Honour
Yeah I finished Tomb Raider and started Fallout back up but can't enjoy it, just wanted to go back and 100% Tomb Raider

It really is just a truly stunning game.

Raymond, answer my question dammit :p Where can you buy the CE of this? Is it just squares site?

Caporegime
Yeah I finished Tomb Raider and started Fallout back up but can't enjoy it, just wanted to go back and 100% Tomb Raider

It really is just a truly stunning game.

Raymond, answer my question dammit :p Where can you buy the CE of this? Is it just squares site?

Sorry, totally missed that!

The Square site, as far as I know, the only place.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom