Tomb Raider 2: Rise of the Tomb Raider Announced

Associate
A retailer had an offer where you trade in a certain game and get Rise of the Tomb Raider for £9.99
I couldnt be bothered with halo 5 and the deal ended today, so i have taken the plunge :)

Just finishing off TR on xbox one (completed it on pc) before i start it

Soldato
It's a good game, not a great one. I'm not sure i like being in the same large area for extended periods of time, and i don't like all the written storyline stuff (recordings, notes etc) - it's boring. As is the story so far.

Looks fantastic, but that will only take a game so far. Prefer the original at this point.

Soldato
My early thoughts having done about 30% of the game. It's looks and runs very well and the cinematics and set pieces are superb. The voice acting is great too and the gun battles are excellent. I'm really enjoying the challenge tombs as well.

However, the story isn't as good as the first so far (I guessed the early twist) and there's less variety in the locations so far too. But, there's generally more to do with the optional missions from NPCs so it balances things out a bit. I'm definitely enjoying it though, it's just a really polished and fun game to play.

Soldato
Consoles have exclusives, always have. At least its going to come to PS4.

Well, Street Fighter is meant to do the same thing so..../

Same can be said about every PS exclusive, shock horror.

Part of the reason I bought a PS4 was to play The Last of Us and Uncharted 4....

Hypercritical ? Double standard ? The same thing?

Or PS4 owners got it good because they eventually get it anyway?

The thing about this game and SF5 is that they've been multi platforms for years now. I'm totally against making an existing multi platform game a console exclusive. It's just utter greed from the publisher and benefits nobody BUT the publisher.

Soldato
The thing about this game and SF5 is that they've been multi platforms for years now. I'm totally against making an existing multi platform game a console exclusive. It's just utter greed from the publisher and benefits nobody BUT the publisher.

I dont think CD would agree - this has back fired big time for them.

Associate
Who are in the business to make money, it's all greed, everyone of them.

Everything is mostly about money
If my boss said "im not paying you anymore, but can work for free"
He wouldnt see me again

The money microsoft paid crystal dynamics as probably offset some of the loss of sales for not being multiplatform
However i think both would have thought it would sell more than it did

Caporegime
OP

They haven't made Tomb Raider a console exclusive though. It's only timed.

Soldato
In what way has it back fired? If you mean lack of sales then don't forget MS would have paid them a butt load of money for the timed exclusive. I would imagine that would more than make up for any losses.

I very much doubt MS have compensated them to the degree of several million lost sales for what is ultimately only a timed exclusive. If that was the case MS would have been better off giving the game away for free. :D

Soldato
I do, Microsoft have shed loads of money to do such a thing.

The reason you don't see Sony doing it is because they cannot afford to. The result being they have next to no AAA exclusives.

Back
Top Bottom