Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Soldato
US tech and life insurers, not sure why you even compare them.

I think it's the argument, steady returns (dividends) vs potentially rapid growth. It's only really been from 2016 onwards when tech began to kick off. If you check MSFT it was relatively flat for a long time.

A lot of people probably invested in high dividend paying stocks like LGEN and enjoyed dividends in the region of 7-8% when interest rates were near zero and tech wasn't really doing much.

Soldato
I think it's the argument, steady returns (dividends) vs potentially rapid growth. It's only really been from 2016 onwards when tech began to kick off. If you check MSFT it was relatively flat for a long time.

A lot of people probably invested in high dividend paying stocks like LGEN and enjoyed dividends in the region of 7-8% when interest rates were near zero and tech wasn't really doing much.
I understand that, they are totally different beasts. Just this usual story 'all UK stocks are dogs' etc, kinda lame, especially after he's sitting on 150% gains from an insurer in 3 years :cry:

Associate
looking for a bit of advise - trading stock market, but different user case to most!

I initially want to buy 100 shares in carnival corp, as i have a few holidays booked, with them - this should give me approx £210 return on investment of about £1200.
had a look at nationwide, and there is a monthly charge for an account, which removes the initial benefit over time.

has anyone got any advise where to buy these, but avoiding the ongoing charge for the accounts etc, or to minimize this?

Soldato
looking for a bit of advise - trading stock market, but different user case to most!

I initially want to buy 100 shares in carnival corp, as i have a few holidays booked, with them - this should give me approx £210 return on investment of about £1200.
had a look at nationwide, and there is a monthly charge for an account, which removes the initial benefit over time.

has anyone got any advise where to buy these, but avoiding the ongoing charge for the accounts etc, or to minimize this?

Take a look at Trading 212, they don't charge any trading commission.

Associate

Trading 212 and Freetrade both have that stock, those are the main 2 I use, just whichever takes your fancy really, trading 212 has a desktop version where as I think freetrade has that behind a paywall.

Out of interest (not saying your wrong) how are you arriving at your return figure?

Associate
Trading 212 and Freetrade both have that stock, those are the main 2 I use, just whichever takes your fancy really, trading 212 has a desktop version where as I think freetrade has that behind a paywall.

Out of interest (not saying your wrong) how are you arriving at your return figure?
You get £150 on board credit for a 14 day cruise (going Caribbean next feb)

And £60 on board credit for a 7 day cruise (going to med cruise in September)

Soldato
anyone else using t212 get an email or am I special?

xIThMhB.jpeg

Same email, along with another I can't find at the minute suggesting I may have too high a proprtion of my declared assets in there.....

It's all FCA based madness I'm sure, Freetrade are pushing a similar survey at the minute.

I've got nothing remotely risky / meme either, just a bunch of multi-billion UK based investment trusts.

Soldato
You get £150 on board credit for a 14 day cruise (going Caribbean next feb)

And £60 on board credit for a 7 day cruise (going to med cruise in September)

If you buy shares in them? How do you prove it? If you need certificates or shares in your name, then Trading 212 won't be the best way, as it is my understanding that shares bought via trading 212 are held in the name of the nominee entity.

Soldato
If you buy shares in them? How do you prove it? If you need certificates or shares in your name, then Trading 212 won't be the best way, as it is my understanding that shares bought via trading 212 are held in the name of the nominee entity.

How to receive perk: Should you wish to claim your on-board credit for a future cruise, please send us a secure message including:

• Date of your cruise
  • Booking reference
  • Name of the ship
  • Name on the booking
Please note that Carnival require as a minimum 21 days’ notice of your request to receive on-board credit, and we will also need time to process your request before this.

Soldato
vodafone shares are raising... announced the sale of their divison in Spain and Italy and a 4 billion euro, around 3.4 pounds shares buy back.

With a market cap of £18.75 billion, that's around 18% of the market cap. Hopefully it may return me to the green so I can bail as I'm 15% down with them.. lol

Associate

How to receive perk: Should you wish to claim your on-board credit for a future cruise, please send us a secure message including:

• Date of your cruise
  • Booking reference
  • Name of the ship
  • Name on the booking
Please note that Carnival require as a minimum 21 days’ notice of your request to receive on-board credit, and we will also need time to process your request before this.
its all done via an app called stockperks on ios - i believe i just upload a statement of position

Caporegime
vodafone shares are raising... announced the sale of their divison in Spain and Italy and a 4 billion euro, around 3.4 pounds shares buy back.

With a market cap of £18.75 billion, that's around 18% of the market cap. Hopefully it may return me to the green so I can bail as I'm 15% down with them.. lol

I've looked at Vodafone for ages. But they keep selling stuff but their core markets seem to be declining.

I've personally stayed away. I've been burnt before looking at dividend shares.

Soldato
I've looked at Vodafone for ages. But they keep selling stuff but their core markets seem to be declining.

I've personally stayed away. I've been burnt before looking at dividend shares.
Can see mobile just turning into a utility like electric where it all runs on the same infrastructure and you just choose who processes your bills and offers the best incentives.

Back
Top Bottom