Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Soldato
Quite pleasant to be on holiday and keep getting notifications about my ATAI yolo popping 10%.

Really should trim it a bit, half my portfolio now, but think it's good for the long haul.

Caporegime
Quite pleasant to be on holiday and keep getting notifications about my ATAI yolo popping 10%.

Really should trim it a bit, half my portfolio now, but think it's good for the long haul.

I popped this on my watch list when you first mentioned it. It's been popping hard last few days!

Soldato
This, more stability and growth.

I’m in it for the long term so keep 40-50% in Vanguard S&P and keep the rest in 2-3 other companies.

I like your allocation, what are the companies.

Currently i am in Amazon, Alphabet, Microsoft, VISA, Intel, Shell, Rio Tinto.

----

Anyone have an idea why Rio tinto trades at 120 AUD on the Australian stock exchange, while trading 50GBP on the LSE.

Where 120 AUD = £62.50

Soldato
I like your allocation, what are the companies.

Currently i am in Amazon, Alphabet, Microsoft, VISA, Intel, Shell, Rio Tinto.

----

Anyone have an idea why Rio tinto trades at 120 AUD on the Australian stock exchange, while trading 50GBP on the LSE.

Where 120 AUD = £62.50
Only Microsoft and Costco at the moment, both currently overvalued but strong enough growth and market size/appeal to weather or buy out any new gen competitive(particularly the former)

If something else good comes along at a decent price, I’ll buy some but this is passive for me, in it for the long term.

Caporegime
Not an oh my god crash imminent video, he does touch on my concerns near the end about dropping lump sums in at these high forward/pe valuations ect
only so much money out there people can spend.

AI is going to pay off massive and 10x every companies earnings.... which can only happen if people have 10x more to spend.

don't see anything but a possible bubble with a recession looming..

wheres all the money coming from? everyones not getting richer.

no way these companies have so much waste that AI can save every company loads of money stream lining things and if it does it's less jobs and less people to consume.

AI seems to only benefit shareholders and and billionaires by reducing the workforce

Last edited:
Caporegime
and so the stock price would go up no?
and demand for companies products goes down as more people are pushed into minimum wage jobs?

Efficiency and margins will go up, growth could stall as more people are pushed into minimum wage jobs and can't afford nice things.

Last edited:
Caporegime
It does feel like popular stocks are quite highly valued.

For my "single" stock picks I'm finding it harder than I have done in a while to bargain hunt myself.

They are out there, but nothing really springs to mind. And as a noob individual I can't really say. This has moved me to actually hold some cash now. For the first time in a while.

In some ways, I shudder to say it, the UK may even have safer bets at the moment vs the USA.

It'll only take one bad set of results from nvidia to cause a tech crash imo.

(ugh I said it)

Soldato
Would be interested in others views on if many think we the USA (and particularly big tech) seems over valued?
I think we could see a split in what we see as tech now and something else that is more AI driven. At some point the tech industry will decline as a portion of the market and another industry will increase.

I thought this video was interesting and talks about how the dominant industry in the market has changed over time.

Last edited:
Soldato
Would be interested in others views on if many think we the USA (and particularly big tech) seems over valued?
Yep, lots of tech trading at premiums with high PE/PB ratios. You’ve just got to stick with companies/brands that you know are growing and here for the long term. The market will wobble, when it does, buy in as the safe players will continue prospering.

Back
Top Bottom