Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Caporegime
I shorted when it was like 50 and closed this morning around 47.48 after I noticed it going sideways.

I doubt the rally will be long lived tbh, its like a small version of twitter with less ways to get add revenue.

also easy for the media to do hit articles about reddit, because of the kinds of gruesome and border line legal content on that site.

parts of reddit are as bad as the "troll forums" that exist on the net

I'm totally surprised. I was tempted to short for the first time as I regretted not doing it when snap IPOd.

I'm surprised it's popped. Not sure how it can be monitised

Caporegime
I'm totally surprised. I was tempted to short for the first time as I regretted not doing it when snap IPOd.

I'm surprised it's popped. Not sure how it can be monitised
if you start messing with CFD "trailing stop loss" are your friend and how you set how much money you can potentially lose

I'd play on a practice account assuming CFD has a version for that, until your confident you understand what your doing.

anyone constantly opening/closing a position is likely a gambling addict, it's something I rarely use but most IPOs only go down anyway.

The app version interface for buying/selling on cfd was more user friendly than the desktop version too I think.
as t212 warns something like 90% of people doing cfd lose money

Last edited:
Caporegime
if you start messing with CFD "trailing stop loss" are your friend and how you set how much money you can potentially lose

I'd play on a practice account assuming CFD has a version for that until your confident you understand what your doing and then just use what you can afford to lose.

anyone constantly opening/closing position in their is probably losing money, it's something I rarely use but most IPOs only go down anyway

Its only something I'd do on an ipo. And like you say, if you don't know what your doing it can go very wrong.

Caporegime
lol what? don't short things you clearly have no idea about lol.
It's one of the most toxic places on the internet and less moderated than twitter.

wait till the media realises theres sub reddits dedicated to combat footage of people dying horrifically etc

Last edited:
Soldato
It's one of the most toxic places on the internet and less moderated than twitter.

wait till the media realises theres sub reddits dedicated to combat footage of people dying horrifically etc
reddit as a platform allows users to create sub-reddits, a forum for them to discuss topics.

There's a lot of good sub-reddits (WSB isn't one of them... lol), well admin'd and moderated with a lot of useful info.

The issue that reddit has, is that a lot of the info stored on there can be accessed via google so surfer doesn't need to actually visit the site/sub-reddit.
also third party apps can be used to strip away at the advertisting and what advertisting system they have doesn't seem to be effective at targeting.

It's just a case of them having a good/great platform but no good way of generating revenue.

Caporegime
Set up my first sipp today.

Vanguards (my sipp) platform is so much simpler than aviva (my work place pension).

Added 500.but will add more at months end and claim back the tax on it.
Not sure how much I'm going to add.

Last edited:
Associate

Vanguards (my sipp) platform is so much simpler than aviva (my work place pension).

Aviva platform is very slow and clunky! Helped someone with their workplace pension and it was a woeful experience.

Vanguard is simple and effective.

Tax claim apparently takes up to 8 weeks when I dropped some in recently.

What fund did you settle on for your SIPP?

Caporegime
Aviva platform is very slow and clunky! Helped someone with their workplace pension and it was a woeful experience.

Vanguard is simple and effective.

Tax claim apparently takes up to 8 weeks when I dropped some in recently.

What fund did you settle on for your SIPP?

I'm doing a split between VUAG and VWRL. So not too complex. As the value grows as I add more ill put a little more research into it

Soldato

It is a good platform, very easy to use but quite basic. Good for set and forget investing.

Caporegime
It is a good platform, very easy to use but quite basic. Good for set and forget investing.

Yeah
That's what I want.
The figures are clear.
What's come from hmrc.
What's come from me.
The gain / loss.

That's what I want from it. No temptation to play around with single stocks. Just an all world and then a smaller part on S&P. Not sure of balance yet.

In my isa I now do 50/50 on vuag and single stocks. But pension is just boring ETFs

Now I need to move my 6 or 7 random work place pensions into it

Want to start putting half of my over 50k salary into into it. 40pc tax really bites. Not something I've really had to think about before. But it's particularly noticeable on bonus time.

Last edited:
Soldato

What was your reasons for choosing Vanguard?

Did you consider InvestEgine SIPP? It has a greater range of ETF's to choose from and has the same account fee (0.15%) as Vanguard but with a lower cap.

Caporegime
What was your reasons for choosing Vanguard?

Did you consider InvestEgine SIPP? It has a greater range of ETF's to choose from and has the same account fee (0.15%) as Vanguard but with a lower cap.

Just because I know the fund.
Its well known.
Fairly cheap.

Don't really need loads of choice. The S&P and all world is plenty enough for me.

If there's too much choice.. More chance I'll get it wrong.

Back
Top Bottom