Tyre Inflator

Underboss
Man of Honour
Hi guys. Can anyone recommend an accurate digital tyre inflator from Halfords or the rain forest? Perhaps even rechargeable which might make it less hassle than using the interior 12v socket. Thanks.
I have this, I use it on cars, bikes etc and it works great. It's within 1 PSI of other gauges and petrol station pumps I've compared against. It is as they say, epic win.

And best of all it's currently 30% off if you tick that box on the page lol.

Edit* Yes I attached one of those brass adapters too which work brilliantly.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'd expect to be able to buy an inflator that already has a brass quick lock adapter ... clearly the people who sell these machines have never inflated a car tyre in their life ..
attaching and detaching the bloody thing is always the hassle;

otherwise I've had a digital PCL gauge I've used forever to check pressures, which also checks tread depth (it doesn't charge my phone though) - older version of

Soldato
OP
Hey guys, took me a while since making this thread to get around to buying an inflator but I've done so now and it arrives tomorrow. I like that it has a deflate button and that it can be used both cordless from the rechargeable battery and also with the 12v if the battery is dead.

I have a question. My car specifies 32psi all round. But for a load of five people, 36psi all round.

20240327-182827.jpg

I regularly put a drumkit in my car which takes up all the back space with the seats down. About nine pieces of kit. The heavy pieces are two long hardware cases full of metal stands, the big bass drum and a bag full of cymbals. I don't know the weight of my gear but would you say I should put it to 36 all round like it suggests for five people, or less? In fact, a friend suggested I leave the fronts at 32psi and just increase the rears to 35psi, but I don't know if he knows what's he's talking about. I want to look after these tyres as they're brand new and don't want to unnecessarily overinflate them and wear them out.

Soldato
OP
I read that as 36 psi front and rear if you regularly go above 160km/h.

Five people reference is at both speed ratings - should be fine to run 32 psi front and rear.
Thanks as I was confused on that. So are you saying I can leave it at 32 psi all round when loaded with my kit with no extra stress on the tyres? I certainly never get close to 160km/h! :D

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Yes

Yes, as long as you don't spend time at over 100mph you'll be fine at 32psi all around as the weight makes no difference, just the speed.
Excellent, thanks. I'd put my previous tyres to 36 psi all year round but it's good to know I don't need to do that.

.. you always want to deflate a bit , with your thumbnail, before you inflate/measure, to get any dust/muck out (even with caps)
Thanks. I'll do that, especially as my new tyre inflator has a deflate button for me to play with. :D

Last edited:
Associate
Good choice, I got the RTC4000 back in November and it's brilliant. USB-C too :D I hated having to plug my old corded one into the 12V socket through the window, then pass it through the opposite window etc. So much easier/faster with a cordless one :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom