UEFA Champions & Europa League Football Thread R16 ** spoilers ** [5th - 14th March 2024]

Caporegime
Depends who we play and how the first leg of any tie goes but as we saw with the last game, if we end up with a 4 goal cushion from a first leg (which is more possible than Arsenal or City having) then yes. But whatever way the draw goes, we'll have more leeway of using squad players because of the quality of sides we're likely to face.
Well if we was to lose to Bayern and you beat Atalanta, that would mean an extra two matches in your schedule than us. So really, you want us to beat Bayern

Soldato
Reckon the semi-finals will be

Arsenal/Bayern vs AM
Man City vs PSG

Then Arsenal/Bayern vs Man City Final. I hate seeing finals with teams from the same country so I'm sorry Arsenal fans, I would have to root for Bayern to be there if City were to be in the final.
er....

Semi-finals draw​

Atletico Madrid or Borussia Dortmund v Paris St-Germain or Barcelona
Arsenal or Bayern Munich v Real Madrid or Manchester City

Don
Well if we was to lose to Bayern and you beat Atalanta, that would mean an extra two matches in your schedule than us. So really, you want us to beat Bayern
Yes I know. I want you to go as far as possible, playing the hardest matches possible. That's why I liked the draw because it's as hard as it could be for both you and City. The other 4 sides on the other half of the draw are all a lot easier games than Bayern, Real and Arsenal/City.

Soldato
Arsenal having flashbacks right now.

GItRH4tWMAAJ5Bu

Don
@robfosters this is why I liked the draw from a Liverpool pov:
Arsenal's fixtures around the CL ties aren't easy games. Had you had an easier draw and maybe a few goals up with 30 mins to go you'd have had more chance to rest players for the upcoming League game or in a 2nd leg. Equally if you had easier League games you'd have maybe rested players before the CL games but it's difficult to see how Arsenal can rest/rotate too much during the run of Brighton, Bayern, Villa, Bayern, Chelsea, Spurs, possible City/Real every 3 days or so. Arteta's going to earn his money with that run - does he try to go full strength every game and if not, which players does he rest and when without dropping points.

Soldato
Reckon the semi-finals will be

Arsenal/Bayern vs AM
Man City vs PSG

Then Arsenal/Bayern vs Man City Final. I hate seeing finals with teams from the same country so I'm sorry Arsenal fans, I would have to root for Bayern to be there if City were to be in the final.
Definitely wont be those Semis, considering they drew the ties already.

fez

fez

Caporegime
er....

Semi-finals draw​

Atletico Madrid or Borussia Dortmund v Paris St-Germain or Barcelona
Arsenal or Bayern Munich v Real Madrid or Manchester City

Think the post was edited after I speculated. I assumed the two sides of the draw were together. Either that or I only read the first few lines and ignored the rest. Who knows.

AM vs PSG

Ars/Bayern vs Man City

Then PSG vs whoever wins the other side. City to unfortunately win.

Back
Top Bottom