UK Gladiators - 2024 reboot

Soldato
Well...

That was a rubbish final. Almost turned it off from the boredom.

The presenters need binning just for Bradley's autocue dad jokes alone. Some of these gladiators really aren't built for strength, with the exception of one or two that bring speed. Some need binning (looking at Viper and Athena). The latter went flying in the gauntlet and brings nothing to anything else. In fact, both are usually only used for that game.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I think Viper was supposed to be the new Wolf, but Legend has clearly established himself as the brash one.

Viper is rubbish.

Athena is a bit of a non-entity

But then they can't all be super charismatic.

I'm disappointed they are sticking with Sheffield Arena for series 2, as the smaller size really limits what games they can add next year, and they do need different games otherwise it'll be very samey.

Soldato
Some of these gladiators really aren't built for strength, with the exception of one or two that bring speed.
Eh? They are all massive, even the ‘smaller’ guys like Apollo. It’s just Giant that makes them look small but they are really not.

That’s how the smaller and much more nimble contenders give them the run around of events like the edge.

Last edited:
Soldato
Eh? They are all massive, even the ‘smaller’ guys like Apollo. It’s just Giant that makes them look small but they are really not.

That’s how the smaller and much more nimble contenders give them the run around of events like the edge.

I didn't mention size and anyway that has no bearing on strength. Again some of the gladiators aren't built for strength and are more cosmetic.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Nice to have the male winner spoiled by the BBC news front page this morning when I woke up, ******* useless *****. How ****** hard is it to not put a spoiler in the title of a ******* article?

It was spoiler free yesterday.

It’s been 16 hours since it aired…

The story itself on the Beeb wasn't a problem, but I agree that the link title should have been more generic e.g. "Gladiators season winners revealed", and the thumbnail image shouldn't have had the winning contender's kit colour on it (red or blue).

I'll never forgive Eurovision for this. Back in the days when I didn't have a TV, it was still possible to watch it live on Eurovision's YouTube channel. There was one year, 2022 I think, where I missed it live and I went to watch it from the start about an hour after it had finished, so like 1am in the morning. Only for the channel's front page to already reveal which country had won it :mad:

Associate
They need to adjust some of the games - gauntlet is just a free 10 points for everyone, need to be narrower or they should be allowed to pin or push them out. something needs doing with the safety rope on the wall, it takes all the weight when the gladiator catches the contestant.

Soldato
The story itself on the Beeb wasn't a problem, but I agree that the link title should have been more generic e.g. "Gladiators season winners revealed", and the thumbnail image shouldn't have had the winning contender's kit colour on it (red or blue).

I'll never forgive Eurovision for this. Back in the days when I didn't have a TV, it was still possible to watch it live on Eurovision's YouTube channel. There was one year, 2022 I think, where I missed it live and I went to watch it from the start about an hour after it had finished, so like 1am in the morning. Only for the channel's front page to already reveal which country had won it :mad:

Agreed - we watch it on Sunday morning/lunchtime because our daughter is a little bit too young so watching it live messes up her bedtime routine and she likes to watch it with us

Associate
They need to adjust some of the games - gauntlet is just a free 10 points for everyone, need to be narrower or they should be allowed to pin or push them out. something needs doing with the safety rope on the wall, it takes all the weight when the gladiator catches the contestant.
Yeah some events are a free 10, duel is pretty much a guaranteed 0. More variety required

Associate
I think Viper was supposed to be the new Wolf, but Legend has clearly established himself as the brash one.

Viper is rubbish.

Athena is a bit of a non-entity

But then they can't all be super charismatic.

I'm disappointed they are sticking with Sheffield Arena for series 2, as the smaller size really limits what games they can add next year, and they do need different games otherwise it'll be very samey.
They all need to be memorable for something or it's a wasted spot on the roster.

Back
Top Bottom