UK Gladiators - 2024 reboot

Soldato
I doubt Nitro is on any performance enhancers to be honest as he (Harry Akines Aryeetey) has been an elite level GB sprinter for a long time. Would certainly have been subject to a lot more testing than some of the others in the show anyway!

He's a very good Gladiator though. The Glads have got so much better on the wall than they were in the first few shows, next series they'll take a some beating on it!

He’s 100% on the sauce.

Soldato
The producers have said they tested them all for PEDs. That said, who gives two cares, this isn’t the Olympics and the gladiators are meant to have the advantage.

I can see why you’d want a level playing field with the contenders mind.

Soldato
OP
The BBC used to be on channels 1 and 2, and ITV was channel 3. Both have around 4 channels each nowadays which is surely enough capacity to shunt a weekly fixture.

Oh well, will just have to watch it next Saturday instead. Then the finals will be in the Easter weekend.

Soldato
Wow what a crazy amount of upsets all in that one episode... feel bad for Chung and Kerry

Also feels weird that one of the men's finalists is the guy who never even competed in any heats and randomly got brought in instead of an actual heat runner up to replace someone else who dropped out (and then beat someone who seemed to be kind of terrible after his much better opponent dropped out)

Soldato
Wow what a crazy amount of upsets all in that one episode... feel bad for Chung and Kerry

Also feels weird that one of the men's finalists is the guy who never even competed in any heats and randomly got brought in instead of an actual heat runner up to replace someone else who dropped out (and then beat someone who seemed to be kind of terrible after his much better opponent dropped out)
I do question what they were doing in the original selection process to leave him out, though. Not only is he a very strong contender, but he's quite a fun character too. Seems perfect to get picked, really.

I had picked Chung to win the whole thing after the heats, so disappointed to see him go out to injury.

Think the men's final is a repeat of the quarters, isn't it? That was a close finish iirc.

On the women's side, Bronte had been the one I picked at the heats stage, but Kerry had looked miles ahead of everyone in the quarters (I must have just not noticed, or forgotten, her in the heats), so a real shock to see her go out.

Soldato
OP
The top 2 males and top 2 females are in this table spoilered below, which I have pinched from Wikipedia. I have also put who I would like to win if I was a betting man :)

The 1st 4 rows are the winners from the semis. They will be playing in the finals this coming Saturday.

Finley vs Wesley - I hope Wesley wins.
Bronte vs Marie-Louse - I hope Bronte wins.

8ypSkpR.png

Soldato
The top 2 males and top 2 females are in this table spoilered below, which I have pinched from Wikipedia. I have also put who I would like to win if I was a betting man :)

The 1st 4 rows are the winners from the semis. They will be playing in the finals this coming Saturday.

Finley vs Wesley - I hope Wesley wins.
Bronte vs Marie-Louse - I hope Bronte wins.

8ypSkpR.png
That makes sense as to why I didn't really notice how good Kerry was in the heats: it was the first episode so hard to benchmark, and doubly so since she went against the fastest loser.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom