Undervolting i9 14900k Asus rog strix z790-f WiFi 2

Soldato
here are the videos from jayz2cents, worth a watch

Last edited:
Soldato
Associate
OP
Sound like the cooler may be ok then. The easiest way to get everything to auto is to load optimized defaults from the exit menu in the bios. I'm happy to help you go through this step by step if you want to drop me a message
I have added you on steam a couple of weeks ago. was unsure how to message you here and did not wanted spam the forum.

Associate
OP
here are the videos from jayz2cents, worth a watch

Thankyou for the links. To be fair I did watch one of them already and applied the intel stock settings and left everything else on default ( apart from the synch all core, it is change to different each core with auto settings) Temps are ok however while streaming get some micro stuttering pretty often. It was ok for a couple of days now its kind of very annoying. Going to check out the other video.

Soldato
Your board should have AI OC. Just turn that on and xmp. Shouldn’t need to tweak anything else.
It gives you a cooler score too so will adjust accordingly.

Soldato
Just realised you're using a DH15, even with 3k RPM fans cooling will still be an issue.

Problem with these CPU's is the TIM between the die and IHS. Delid and relid with liquid metal can reduce temperatures around 20 degrees, voids warranty though.

If you're set on sticking with the DH15, you can either reduce the power limit (XTU is a good software for that) or accept the high temps. Should be fine, and it has a 3 year warranty anyway.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Just realised you're using a DH15, even with 3k RPM fans cooling will still be an issue.

Problem with these CPU's is the TIM between the die and IHS. Delid and relid with liquid metal can reduce temperatures around 20 degrees, voids warranty though.

If you're set on sticking with the DH15, you can either reduce the power limit (XTU is a good software for that) or accept the high temps. Should be fine, and it has a 3 year warranty anyway.
Thank you. What would you advise instead of DH15? I got Fractal air xl pop case. I know a decent custom loop is what I need for this cpu but it is kinda expensive. ( I am planning to do it in the near future but paying off some other stuff first) and most videos, forums says dh15 will do just as good as AIOs so feels like no point to upgrade to AIO from dh15 but straight to custom loop. Which is again, money and of course a different post :D As I got no clue how it is done. But If I am wrong or you aware of any good cooler whether air or water please advise. Regarding deliding, I was thinking about this but process feels so dangerous with the tools that you can get online. Also would rather pay a professional who takes warranty for it. then just try do it myself. But I see those results and man dont understand why intel does not use this method at the first place?

Soldato
Thank you. What would you advise instead of DH15? I got Fractal air xl pop case. I know a decent custom loop is what I need for this cpu but it is kinda expensive. ( I am planning to do it in the near future but paying off some other stuff first) and most videos, forums says dh15 will do just as good as AIOs so feels like no point to upgrade to AIO from dh15 but straight to custom loop. Which is again, money and of course a different post :D As I got no clue how it is done. But If I am wrong or you aware of any good cooler whether air or water please advise. Regarding deliding, I was thinking about this but process feels so dangerous with the tools that you can get online. Also would rather pay a professional who takes warranty for it. then just try do it myself. But I see those results and man dont understand why intel does not use this method at the first place?
Sorry forgot to reply. Not sure if those are recent posts/ videos but quite a few AIOs surpass the DH-15 especially at the power the i9s use.

Not too up to date with AIOs but ideally a 360/420mm. Artic Freezer III is good last I checked. You will need to check what your case can fit.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom