Virgin Media Discussion Thread

Soldato
Had enough and was impatient so I poked retentions.

Was on from 50/3 at 12.99 a month with a price increase of 3.49 incoming this month.

Now on 100/6 for 12.00 a month for 6m then 15.00 a month for another 6m

I have some loyalty bonus which is apparently £1/m off the first 6m and £9/m off the next 6m vs the standard package.

Plus phone line which I pay in advance.

Pressed some buttons and speed was changed on the spot.

Main problem is that I now know my 200mb powerline plugs cap out at 50mb on the stretch of wiring between router and computer 1 floor up.

*sigh*

Also VM has some crazy stuff going on with their website, two tabs of it were maxing out a core and making firefox stutter. Killed those and all became well again.

Last edited:
Soldato
Had enough and was impatient so I poked retentions.

Was on from 50/3 at 12.99 a month with a price increase of 3.49 incoming this month.

Now on 100/6 for 12.00 a month for 6m then 15.00 a month for another 6m

Plus phone line which I pay in advance.

Pressed some buttons and speed was changed on the spot.

Main problem is that I now know my 200mb powerline plugs cap out at 50mb on the stretch of wiring between router and computer 1 floor up.

*sigh*

200mbit powerline adapters are at best 100mbit each way, in reality you'll normally see a lot less, even the 500mbit ones are crippled with 100mbit ports for the LAN connection so in effect will never hit the rated speed.

Associate
I'm currently out of contract and would love a mates rate deal :) I would also like to find out whether or not the Tivo box is going to be upgraded soon? It's just so slow and so very dated. Trying to load Netflix through Tivo takes forever.

Need your email. Tivo box :o.. yes there is something coming soon...

Associate
If possible could I get the mate rate as well please. Been a customer for 14yrs, would be great to save a bit of money. Paying £40 for just broadband only at the moment. Every time I negotiate a lower price they only cut about £3 off so its never been worth my time complaining.

richardtrahar [at] virginmedia . com

Associate
Hi Rich,
I will find out all the details tomorrow. I have only signed up new customers so far, but it will be a lot less than £40 for just BB.

Thanks for that, would be great if old customers are able to get the lower rate.

I'm not sure when I restarted my contract, but have no issue starting a new contract if that's what it takes as I'm not going anywhere else, I like virgin more than the other providers mainly due to the faster speeds :)

IC3

IC3

Soldato
@dean0, if you don't mind mate, could you add me too? I'm on 100mb BB and paying £33 its not on my name, so I can join as a new customer. :D

Sent you a trust. :)

Permabanned
From a bit of googling it seems like mates rates is often for new customers or existing customers who are adding a service, ie if you have BB and phone and are adding tv.

Back
Top Bottom