Virgin Media Discussion Thread

Associate
Okay guys, just to clarify, Mates Rate is for new customers and if you add another service to your package. So if you only have BB you could add Phone and or TV and it would work out cheaper than just having BB on its own.

Soldato
Currently being fobbed off through the online chat:

contract end 1/04/2016

Here is a breakdown of your package cost of £52.98
£10.35 - TV M plus
£5.00 - 500 GB TiVo box
£47.83 - 150 Mb Broadband
£17.99 - Phone line rental
-£28.19 - Monthly discount (not show online)

the only "offer" given is to pay line rental upfront so my "bill" goes down to £34.99.

In the end they offered me to move just onto broadband (didn't quote a speed, im presuming 100, or keeping 150) for £48 a month... 200mb on the website is 43quid a month!

I said: I don't use the phone or the tv really so could potentially drop those. Time to do some shopping.

Last edited:
Soldato
Had a chat online about my free upgrade to 150mb from 100mb. Been delayed from March to June. I said i can get 200mb so why can't they upgrade my line to 150mb and she said its to do with my area or some crap and will have to wait. Pretty stupid if you ask me !

Soldato
Had a chat online about my free upgrade to 150mb from 100mb. Been delayed from March to June. I said i can get 200mb so why can't they upgrade my line to 150mb and she said its to do with my area or some crap and will have to wait. Pretty stupid if you ask me !

Sign a new 12 month contract and watch them change the speed while you're still on the phone.

Permabanned
This doesn't always work. .out of contract. Ive got xl tv, 200mb broadband and medium phone. Best they could offer was £2 month discount. Said id be leaving but still couldnt do any better. £73 a month and wouldnt budge

That's when you say sorry, someone at the door i'll call back. Call back a few mins later and ask someone else what they can do for you. Most of them will give you as much discounts as the system will allow them, the ones that try to give you the minimum are the exception rather than the rule.

Associate
Been with Virgin for years but recently its been a nightmare.
I negotiated a new contract with them only to find out the agent had agreed something she shouldn't have but got what i wanted in the end.
Then there was a phone fault, took 3 weeks to come and supposedly lay 170m of cable only to find out they hadn't ordered enough.
Had to chase them up and turns out i have to wait till the 28th April now.
They are going downhill fast imho, like others have said you need the luck of the draw who you get at retentions.

VoG

VoG

Soldato
Im having serious issues with VM in Nottingham atm ( area 30) i'm getting 6mb on a 30mb line, it's been like that for nearly 2 weeks, & it's like that all the time not just at peak times, i can't even watch youtube vids as it just sits there buffering, & forget trying to dl a big game client or patch cos it aint happening.

Associate
Im having serious issues with VM in Nottingham atm ( area 30) i'm getting 6mb on a 30mb line, it's been like that for nearly 2 weeks, & it's like that all the time not just at peak times, i can't even watch youtube vids as it just sits there buffering, & forget trying to dl a big game client or patch cos it aint happening.

Go to your router 192.168.0.1 and click on router status (top right corner). Post screens of the downstream and upstream pages.

Associate
Emails sent. Just to clarify, Mates Rate is for new customers or if you add another service to your package. So if you only have BB you could add Phone and or TV and it would work out cheaper than just having BB on its own.

Back
Top Bottom