Virgin Media Discussion Thread

Associate
My current plan for 1gb runs out on the 20th of may.

Just done online chat to cancel it so i get a call from retentions. Turns out no need, never had this happen before but they straight away offered me "solus" plan whatever that is, which is 1gb for £29.81 a month... I am currently paying over £34 with the current price increase from april. So i am both confused and impressed with what just happened lol.

i am pretty sure that the person in chat was a bot, was instantly getting long paragraphs within miliseconds of my answers. Quite impressive if i am honest.

Last edited:
Soldato

Just done online chat to cancel it so i get a call from retentions. Turns out no need, never had this happen before but they straight away offered me "solus" plan whatever that is, which is 1gb for £29.81 a month... I am currently paying over £34 with the current price increase from april. So i am both confused and impressed with what just happened lol.

i am pretty sure that the person in chat was a bot, was instantly getting long paragraphs within miliseconds of my answers. Quite impressive if i am honest.
Just checking, is that the 1130mbps thats currently on the website for £41 a month for 18 months?

I'm nearing the end now but currently getting fleeced for £48 a month for the same thing

Associate
My minimum term on an Ultimate Volt bundle ends July 17th.

What’s the recommended approach between now and then to negotiate the best price to continue?

Community offered me £26 for a gig with 6 months of 24 free

Soldato
My minimum term on an Ultimate Volt bundle ends July 17th.

What’s the recommended approach between now and then to negotiate the best price to continue?

Community offered me £26 for a gig with 6 months of 24 free

say that you are looking to leave and tell them about the Community offer if they dont offer anything better or call back with better option go with Community, wished I had good FTTP options here stuck with the usual suspects which none offer better

Last edited:
Soldato
The result was £95/mo for the bundle I’m currently charged £85/mo for. Ill be doing 30 days notice then switching
You'd get better if you were in your last month or out of contract, even then wouldn't be great. Best prices you get are when you cancel and give 30 days and then deal with their special retentions department and you can sometimes half your bill with them.

If it was me though i'd go CF as 900/900 and then go TV with another provider.

Associate
You'd get better if you were in your last month or out of contract, even then wouldn't be great. Best prices you get are when you cancel and give 30 days and then deal with their special retentions department and you can sometimes half your bill with them.

If it was me though i'd go CF as 900/900 and then go TV with another provider.
Thanks. Will do this when one month out.

Soldato

Congrats you won the VM lottery.

--

I think I forgot to update this thread actually on my experience.

VM did eventually cave, approx 5 days before termination date, I got a text claiming they were trying to contact me, and it invited me to ring to activate a £19 broadband offer (no speed quoted, but I expect gig1 would have been way less than the circa £80 they tried to me me agree to). By this time of course it was way too late so I never rang them, couldnt even be bothered for curiosity.

Soldato
Congrats you won the VM lottery.

--

I think I forgot to update this thread actually on my experience.

VM did eventually cave, approx 5 days before termination date, I got a text claiming they were trying to contact me, and it invited me to ring to activate a £19 broadband offer (no speed quoted, but I expect gig1 would have been way less than the circa £80 they tried to me me agree to). By this time of course it was way too late so I never rang them, couldnt even be bothered for curiosity.
My £19 broadband offer was for 145mb. lol

Cut off is Thursday.

To stay on my curent package (350mb evening & W/E calls) its the same as Im paying now £34.

Soldato
My mum is paying £24 for 250Mb + Basic phone line (Free weekend calls). This is going to £69 so I put in the cancellation and the best they could do was £33. I left it a week and then tried the online chat; best they offered was £36.

I then called the 020 number and was straight away offered £22 so accepted that as I was looking to get it for £25 or less.

Back
Top Bottom