Vodafone Smart Ultra 6

Soldato
App referral is a comically bad way to make any money, I highly doubt there's anything in that .

Preloading apps makes quite a lot of money actually! Although not on a singular device like this, they will make much more by preloading on a flagship Samsung.

Last time I checked, Vodafone had three apps that are installed in the system partition and cannot be removed without root (the worst of any UK operator), so good to hear this has changed. These were the uninstallable apps at the end of last year on Vodafone device variants:

Amazon Shopping
Vodafone Discover
Vodafone Updates

Last edited:
Associate
I've got one of these on its way to me, should hopefully be here by the time I finish work tomorrow. I got mine online in the end as they wanted £150 plus £10 top up instore, where as i paid £125 with no top up online. Apparently they couldn't price match instore either.

I'm just hoping I can get on with the size change, going from my Samsung Galaxy S 4" screen. Although i'm sure I wouldn't lose to much money if I had to sell it after a few weeks

Last edited:
Soldato
I have just received mine. Popped in a 32GB card and cut my micro SD to a nano size, remarkably it still worked. The unlock code came pretty quick and all is now up and running.

The phone seems fast and the screen is very nice. Thankfully I can't see much in the way of apps etc that I need to remove.

I need to source a case, although some of the ZTE type could be ok - albeit the volume and power buttons are placed slightly differently, so I understand.

It seems a very capable phone and for the cost it is a bargain.

Soldato
I managed to unlock this phone without any issue via eBay.

I followed this YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Wi_490xokU

The eBay ID listed in the comments (231517263748) was the one that I used and I specified the following:

IMEI: [as from phone]
Network: VodafoneUK
Handset: ZTE Blade S6 Plus

The unlock code arrived in less than half an hour from the seller and worked successfully.

Great spot!

£20 was too dear for an unlock code.

Associate
Mine turned up this afternoon. After a quick play im pretty impressed for the money, Its a massive upgrade from my Galaxy S. It's going to take a while to get used to size wise but im happy so far.

Associate
Ordered mine Wednesday night, it said on website 1-2 weeks wait. Email yesterday morning saying it was being delivered that day, arrived about 12:45.

I've had a quick play but have to wait for a nano sim to arrive as my S3 takes a micro.

One question, is it dual band wifi as it only seems to pick up my 2.4ghz wifi.

SJ.

Soldato
It can't be dual WiFi as it will not pick up my 5ghz signal.

EBay item number 351426934320 are the screen protectors I ordered.

I just used scissors on my micro sim card, it worked fine.

Soldato
It shows LP ver 5.02 when I check and also when I run the software update function there are none to apply.

I agree it is strange as it does indeed show LP 5.1 on their spec page.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom