*** VR Deals Thread ***

Associate
Funnily enough, I bought it (HL Alyx) about 2 hours ago after seeing the deal on Steam. Would still be playing it now if my battery hadn't just ran out :( Turned it straight to ultra settings and it looks incredible. The teleport movement is great too, zero motion sickness.

Last edited:
Associate
Hmm, may have to consider it if it's got teleport as I also suffer from motion sickness.

It was on by default for me, I believe continous motion is an option you can turn on but I'll be sticking to teleport. I'm really suceptible to motion sickness but VR has been much easier to adapt to than I expected. Smooth motion I just can't hack though, when I tried playing Assetto Corsa and also 'epic roller coasters', I pretty much had to rip the headset off straight away :cry:

Soldato
Funnily enough I never suffered from motion sickness until very recently when I got a speed boost upgrade in the Quest Game Dungeons of Eternity which made me feel nauseous. Since then I've had to be very careful about motion sickness wheras before I had rock solid VR legs. So I'm having to take it easy and ease back into it again.

Soldato
I have been trying games that don't have teleport as an option but I usually don't last very long in them before having to stop playing, though the time varies by game. It's a shame more games don't offer teleport as I'd be much more likely to buy games that do.

Associate
Ginger tablet half an hour before playing and a fan blowing in your face helps with motion sickness. Snap turning turned on is essential too.

Associate
Ginger tablet half an hour before playing and a fan blowing in your face helps with motion sickness. Snap turning turned on is essential too.

Interesting.. do people acually use the controllers to turn??? I just turn IRL.. and thus turn in the game.. I don't think i've ever used controller turning other than accidentally..

Last edited:
Associate
Lots of Meta games with 40% off now. Including things like Dungeons of Eternity. I just picked up Red Matter 2, tempted to get a little more, but I want to save the rest of my free credit for the moment.
What are you saving it for? Now seems the perfect time to use it

I'm trying to decide what to get, only just got the Q3 and need some titles to play.

Soldato
What are you saving it for? Now seems the perfect time to use it

I'm trying to decide what to get, only just got the Q3 and need some titles to play.

Something I actually want :D. Assassins creed nexus is one potential, but with AW2 coming, and having just got Red Matter 2, I don't think I need much more single player stuff. Probably just keep hold of it to see if there's another good multiplayer game that I can grab for me and my boy/the social crew here.

Soldato
Just bought Assassin's Creed due to a referral and picked up Pixel Ripped 1995 for £5.99 in the sale, which I meant to play for a few minutes then got addicted to. It's really fun and nostalgic.

Back
Top Bottom