• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** VTX3D R9 290 PRE-FLASHED TO R9 290X & VOLTAGE UNLOCKED!! **

Soldato
VTX is the EU branch of Powercolor. There's nothing wrong with XFX hardware

The reference 290 cards aren't made by VTX3D etc., they're AMD made.

Sapphire assemble all AMD's reference cards to individual spec and send them out to AIB's for bios/stickers/boxing(unless they do that too, idk).

I'm slightly confused, does this mean the shaders will unlock if I flash my card with a 290x bios?

It only works on 3 cards so far-VTX, Powercolor OC and XFX ones.

Soldato
snip....
On PSU run the card of two separate rails, to give it more constant / steady juice. ;)

Wonder if that's why I've been lucky and not had the black screen thing! Did that automatically tbh

You wait I'll get one now. :(

On a side note, Having a vtx3d 290x, It came with a 1030 core/ 1250 mem.

So I guess clocks where down to the manufactures then? (via bios as all ref boards were made by AMD)

OcUK Staff
OP
I'm slightly confused, does this mean the shaders will unlock if I flash my card with a 290x bios?

Try it.

It seems some cards have 290X cores put on them, so flashing them works and unlocks the extra processors. If it does not work you still get the speed bump to 1000MHz and voltage control if you use the Asus BIOS so well worth doing. :)

Associate
Sapphire assemble all AMD's reference cards to individual spec and send them out to AIB's for bios/stickers/boxing(unless they do that too, idk).

It only works on 3 cards so far-VTX, Powercolor OC and XFX ones.

Thats a shame! I see other people saying the Sapphire cards dont do it, bit gutting as I also missed out on getting BF4 chucked in. The price you pay for buying too early!

Associate
Try it.

It seems some cards have 290X cores put on them, so flashing them works and unlocks the extra processors. If it does not work you still get the speed bump to 1000MHz and voltage control if you use the Asus BIOS so well worth doing. :)

Yeh I'll give mine a go later today just to be sure. I bought a VTX3D 6950 a few years back (the reason I started joining PC forums) which unlocked without issue so hopefully this will be the same!

Caporegime
People concerned about VTX need to remember that these are reference cards. I would be wary if it were VTX made custom cooled ones (where they might skimp on component quality) but these are all reference, so in essence as good as any other brand (but better with the unlock shaders).

Associate
Gibbo

Have cancelled order with competitor due to waiting to long.
Need card for delivery tomorrow so before I order are these cards compatable with 290X water blocks?

OcUK Staff
OP
Gibbo

Have cancelled order with competitor due to waiting to long.
Need card for delivery tomorrow so before I order are these cards compatable with 290X water blocks?

Hi there

Yes they are.

Order today, even if it shows out of stock, I am making some more now, so no issues with shipping out today. :)

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Ah bugger, I'm really tempted by this, my finger itching and twitching over the buy button as I type this. Trouble is the missus would go absolutely ballistic considering Xmas is round the corner.
Decisions, decisions......:p

Same for me, but great service OcUK!

I think this with a custom cooler would be hot cakes - ouch! :D

Soldato
Hi there

Yes they are.

Order today, even if it shows out of stock, I am making some more now, so no issues with shipping out today. :)

Still good if I order one now?

Building a PC for my mate and want to put one in :)

Edit: Just seen the time you posted, I guess it will be fine!

Associate
Hi Gibbo

Thanks for prompt reply. Have ordered one now just need waterblocks to come into stock.
Any E.T.A on the aqua computer Hawaii ?

Back
Top Bottom