Warhammer Total War Confirmed

Soldato
OP
Creative Assembly are doing it, they have quite a few teams. One for Alien Isolation, one for rome 2 and attilla and so on. We were told about this in 2012 that CA bought the license but we didn't know it would be a total war game...until now.

Attilla seems to be a bit of a mess like rome 2 but im sure will be good after lots of patches and mods like rome 2 is currently.

Quote from the article made by CA

“…taking the series to a fantasy setting with Total War: Warhammer.”

Soldato
OP
This should be the perfect marriage of warhammer and gaming. There's been some dross released under the Warhammer name lately, but can't imagine CA dropping the ball on it - as long as they don't write a new engine for it (just use RTW2 with a re skin).

I remember hoping it would be a TW game. It would have been slightly absurd for them to do anything else, I guess :)

Rome 2 engine I don't think that would be very popular:p dare you to post that on the twcenter forum:D

Soldato
OP
I personally never had any performance issues since the game released. But its just a bit average the warscape engine. Ai, unit blobbing and the diplomacy need work. I still have sunk a lot of hours. Infact I think the dlc campaigns are allot better than the actual grand campaign. Its like the engine/game doesn't know how to cope on a huge map.

Soldato
OP
I enjoy rome 2 infact ill be on it again today. Its just that Total war games need patches and mods to make them great. Which aint bad thing as I love the series, and have preordered attilla even though I know its gonna be another rome 2.

Soldato
OP
I have wanted them to do this since the first Shogun or a Lord of the Rings Total War based upon the Simarilion. However, I have really not like the last two games from them I have played (Shogun 2 and Rome 2) so there is a bit of doubt there. I will wait and see what they come up with.

Shogun 2 and expansion was a really good game, ive put about a 100 more hours into that than rome 2. But my favourite was medieval 2 total war, I loved that especially with the stainless steel mod and third age mod. Didn't really like empire and napoleon total war even with the extremely well made darthmod. I think it was cause I have no interest in that era/timeline.

Soldato
OP
It will be 3 standalone games in different parts of the warhammer world, but if you have more than one, it will join onto the world map for an even grander campaign.

Theres 17 different races in the warhammer world (im talking games workshop) so if they end up putting 4 new races in all 3 games that's 16. I got the number 4 from the first game having 4, so this purely guess work. So it might mean only 1 dlc race...but I doubt it.
But thinking about the race dlcs (if any) should be worth it, as look how varied the races are, unless they gimp it and put the minimum amount of different units then have to buy lots of separate dlcs to get the race up to where it should be...but that's being a bit cynical.

Soldato
OP
That doesn't inspire confidence, plus I don't trust CA with trailers after the Rome 2 fiasco - it looked so good in the pre-launch promotion material, but what the consumer got was another beast entirely.

very true, but they did do better with attilla they learn from that. But im not gonna get myself too excited just incase.

Soldato
OP
Chaos army are still in it, whether you get the dlc or not. Its just theres a lot more unit variety in the pack. Either way you still don't get to play as them.

Soldato
OP
Good point and not forgetting they are making two more games that compliment this one. So there could be 4 factions in each game so that's 8 were getting from the other two. Plus dlc races like CA are famous for now.

Back
Top Bottom