Warhammer Total War Confirmed

Soldato
Well I read that it will be 3 games. I guess each game adding 2 or 3 new races, like how DOW did it.

It'll be one game with races as a DLC at a guess, would guess at maybe £15-20 per faction pack if i was a betting man based on CA's other releases.

Think Atilla bit them a bit them in the ass a bit hard as it was essentailly a full price faction pack.

However if the content is there i.e fall of the samurai I'd be happy to pay twice

Soldato
OP
It will be 3 standalone games in different parts of the warhammer world, but if you have more than one, it will join onto the world map for an even grander campaign.

Theres 17 different races in the warhammer world (im talking games workshop) so if they end up putting 4 new races in all 3 games that's 16. I got the number 4 from the first game having 4, so this purely guess work. So it might mean only 1 dlc race...but I doubt it.
But thinking about the race dlcs (if any) should be worth it, as look how varied the races are, unless they gimp it and put the minimum amount of different units then have to buy lots of separate dlcs to get the race up to where it should be...but that's being a bit cynical.

Caporegime
It will be 3 standalone games in different parts of the warhammer world, but if you have more than one, it will join onto the world map for an even grander campaign.

Theres 17 different races in the warhammer world (im talking games workshop) so if they end up putting 4 new races in all 3 games that's 16. I got the number 4 from the first game having 4, so this purely guess work. So it might mean only 1 dlc race...but I doubt it.
But thinking about the race dlcs (if any) should be worth it, as look how varied the races are, unless they gimp it and put the minimum amount of different units then have to buy lots of separate dlcs to get the race up to where it should be...but that's being a bit cynical.

It is the engine that will make or break this game. Rome II was awful for individual combat, and considering Warhammer fans will be constantly zooming in for a better view of epic action, it is going to disappoint unless they make some very drastic changes to the engine.

Associate
Same engine as Attila but updated, so we shall see.

That doesn't inspire confidence, plus I don't trust CA with trailers after the Rome 2 fiasco - it looked so good in the pre-launch promotion material, but what the consumer got was another beast entirely.

Soldato
OP
That doesn't inspire confidence, plus I don't trust CA with trailers after the Rome 2 fiasco - it looked so good in the pre-launch promotion material, but what the consumer got was another beast entirely.

very true, but they did do better with attilla they learn from that. But im not gonna get myself too excited just incase.

Man of Honour

At least this time they have been more upfront in the video and have immediately stated that it is a work in progress. They do seem to have learnt from their mistakes with Rome 2, as shown with Attila.

Soldato
Must agree TW Rome 2 has some serious issues.
You can have a battle runing fine at high settings, and the next battle you get 6fps slideshow. You restart the game, and all is well.

Also the engine is CPU limited. And on top, using Crossfire card is pointless.
You get better performance without it.

Attila is better performance wise (and as a game), however still is CPU limited and you can see the engine struggling even on my system.

The only way for CA to resolve these, is DX12 or Mantle and 64bit client.
Drop everything to GPU and let it go from CPU hogging.

Associate
Look at the Stardock games coming out, using newer tech like Mantle and DX12, TW devs need to take a look at this and learn from it.

I have Rome 2, installed it and uninstalled it 20mins later, the engine is so horrendously optomised its laughable in this day and age.

My dream is a DX12 based Middle Earth version of Total War, that would probably get me a divorce pretty quick.

YEP!

BFME was amazing back in the day! Loved the campaign too!

Caporegime
A battle running on pre-alpha, it's scripted but gives you an idea. Have to say if it's anything like this it will be awesome!

Ok, that does actually look a lot better than I was expecting... what did people think of the unit collision and melee fighting... same old issues as with Rome 2?

Magic looks very cool but possibly a little overpowered, one spell destroyed an entire unit!

However it all looks very atmospheric... would be amazing if they included every race in the end.

Soldato
That walk-through looks great, but to me "scripted" mean "no AI", and in a game like this the AI is what will make or break it far beyond what the graphics will bring.

Associate
Magic looks very cool but possibly a little overpowered, one spell destroyed an entire unit

Your right it does but that is exactly how warhammer was in 8th edition. So it's pretty accurate to the tabletop in that respect. There were plenty of spells in warhammer that had the potential to remove a while unit..... If not even more.

Soldato
To be fair, they do say that they are specifically trying to avoid overpowered magic spells, and I think the dude mentions in the video walkthrough that spells have a long recharge time and when you use them has to be carefully timed. I think it looks great, I'm looking forward to seeing more footage once it's a bit more complete.

Soldato
Had to watch the trailer twice, it was that epic :cool:

Not played any of the total war games since the original so I'm hoping this is gonna be awesome and give me an excuse to get it when it's released :)

Back
Top Bottom