• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Well can it run Deus Ex MD ?

Man of Honour
OP
so, is this 2007 all over again with Crysis or just poor optimisation ??

speaking of which.... kaap, have you run Crysis on your Titan SLi yet? would love to see that in 4k :D

Done it several times, it's easy. Shame my 60htz monitor can't keep up.:D

Crysis one is a CPU bottleneck not a GPU one these days.

Deus Ex MD is a GPU intensive game.

You can get playable fps on a Pascal Titan @1080p by turning off MSAA. I don't think this is the game devs finest hour.:eek:

And NVidia were telling us we don't need mGPU with Pascal.:D

Man of Honour
OP
this is just salty taste because i can't max it out. they clearly stated ultra was for future hardware so why are people expecting to play it on ultra at 4k with 60fps

literally crank everything up to full on 4k and even if your getting 6fps just stop and look at the amount of detail on items and in the shadows, it's all the little bits that add up

NIXXES GUIDE READ IT BEFORE MOANING AND ADJUST SETTINGS ACCORDINGLY

You realise 4 Maxwell Titans is faster than a big Volta card will be and that is a couple of years away.

When the game devs say future hardware it should read "we made a mess of this and it is unplayable".

Man of Honour
OP
It's perfectly playable for me

Locked 60fps @ 3440x1440
'Very High' and no MSAA.

It has Temporal AA to deal with the jaggies.

Be honest Kaap, are you actually going to sit down and play through the game or do you only have it for benchmarking purposes?

Edit - Yes I always use 'Exclusive fullscreen' as well.

If I like a game I will play it a lot.

I don't know yet about Deus Ex MD, the reason I got it is because one of the guys asked if I would do a bench thread for it yesterday.

Ultimately if I do play the game it will be because of gameplay and not how good or bad the graphics are.

I do think the graphics are poor even on max settings, you only have to look at the characters hair for example.

Man of Honour
OP
I did a few months ago and I have 20:20 vision thanks :)

The biggest difference for me personally was 1080P to 1440P, Going to 4K from 1440P I saw a tad less aliasing and a lot less performance, 4K is very over hyped.

I don't want to worry you but 20:20 vison is far from the best you can have.

Having said that it is still pretty good.:)

Man of Honour
OP
It depends on the game and graphics capability.

Like Crysis / Crysis 3 etc... That was always bringing some really awesome visual improvements that really pushed the limits of gpus but had something to show for it.

I even waited to play these games until gpu hardware was good enough to do them justice and now I can play Crysis 3 at 4K over 60fps.

When a game is a resource hog for no visual benefit... It gets slated because the developers either made a mistake or are incompetent.

I still have to give it a proper play, but from what I've seen so far... The visuals don't look that much better than BF4 and yet it has 25% or less of the frame rate.

Heck... Even the many year old Metro Last Light looks better and performs better and that was considered to be badly coded before they improved it.

When more GPU grunt than even big Volta can deliver is used @1080p and it won't run at 60fps then it is a badly coded mess.

Back
Top Bottom