What are the 30 year old plus gamers playing?

Soldato
Inspired to revisit Fallout after the TV series, I finally got around to the FO4 DLCs Nuka World and Far Harbor. Finished NW, which was okay in places, but a bit meh overall, but I'm finding FH much more engrossing.

I'd forogtten I'd sided with
The Institute
on my base game run and now feeling a bit bad about it...

Last edited:
Soldato
What do you think about it now? I played around 2004-2014 ish.

I like it again. I'm enjoying doing Abyssal Deadspace filaments, I have an unsubbed Alpha alt doing them building up to better ships and higher levels. I'm enjoying jumping in to J Space and scanning things down. I need to find a Corp in null sec, that's where I lived back in the 00's but that's hard to do as the Corp I was mainly in had a couple of people in it I met in SWG so was easy for me to know I wasn't making a mistake. Plus, and no offense meant to anyone in this alliance, I ******* hate the Goons so will not join any corp/alliance blue to them. My Corp fought with BoB in the big war back then but that's not the reason I loathe them :D

One thing I am miffed about. At some point they changed from Projectile Weapons to Missiles on the Muninn, one of my favourite ships. I had mine so it'd instalock/instapop pods and did very nice damage to ships.

Last edited:
Associate
Just played through tlou p1 dlc. Only about 3 hours long and even more cutscenes and walking than the main game. I'm glad it was included with the main game as I'd be annoyed if id have paid for it.

Last edited:
Associate
I like it again. I'm enjoying doing Abyssal Deadspace filaments, I have an unsubbed Alpha alt doing them building up to better ships and higher levels. I'm enjoying jumping in to J Space and scanning things down. I need to find a Corp in null sec, that's where I lived back in the 00's but that's hard to do as the Corp I was mainly in had a couple of people in it I met in SWG so was easy for me to know I wasn't making a mistake. Plus, and no offense meant to anyone in this alliance, I ******* hate the Goons so will not join any corp/alliance blue to them. My Corp fought with BoB in the big war back then but that's not the reason I loathe them :D

One thing I am miffed about. At some point they changed from Projectile Weapons to Missiles on the Muninn, one of my favourite ships. I had mine so it'd instalock/instapop pods and did very nice damage to ships.
If you are interested i'm back with my first corp after a 4-5 year gap, its on the PanFan side of the universe with access to all the usual NS bits and bobs, very casual requirements and friendly people. we are mostly 30++++ so life and family limit game time but there is always something going on if you want to join fleets etc.

I'm a bit of a fan of the Abyss, took Vagabond to T6 and i'm now throwing disposable hawks at the problem with an eye at trying the stealth bomber rr hawk combo when the skills finnish at the end of the month.

Was a lot more PVP focused last time i played but finding multi hour blocks to go hunting has been hard this last couple of months

Associate
What do you think about it now? I played around 2004-2014 ish.
Lots changed, but the core concepts have stayed the same, there have been some real QOL improvements to the game, theres been a few good Welcome back to EVE vids on Youtube that cover the big differences. if you enjoyed it then you would likely enjoy it now as always the people you fly with make or break the game.

Associate
Got a 3 month Xbox Gamepass trial and saw Populous: The Beginning, so had to retry the game. Played it 20+ years ago when the revolutionary 3d graphics crippled my system. Still fun to play, though still as irritating as ever.

Associate
Sometime last year i bought Black and White 1 and 2 but haven't had time to install them. I read somewhere it takes a bit of fiddling about to get them to run on a modern windows machine, and i remember one of them was pretty buggy back in the day. Anyone played them recently? Worth revisiting and spending the time to get them to run?

Soldato
Counter Strike has always been my go to, playing that currently although my reactions aren’t quite as good as they were pre 30 .
Im 49 this year, still love CS but like you the kids are just unreal with reaction times! Can't beat my sneaky pete creeping though :)

HLL for me now, and some Warzone here and there bit of BF too

Soldato
Ninja Gaiden 2 on Xenia emulator. I've never played it before, and it's a real blast from the past. The graphics have aged really well and the game is such a wild ride. 11/10 so far - I'm on Chapter 5.

Associate
Ninja Gaiden 2 on Xenia emulator. I've never played it before, and it's a real blast from the past. The graphics have aged really well and the game is such a wild ride. 11/10 so far - I'm on Chapter 5.
Man i lost so many hours to Nija Gaiden as a kid, might give it a whirl

Soldato
Man i lost so many hours to Nija Gaiden as a kid, might give it a whirl
Ninja Gaiden 1/Black has been reincarnated as Ninja Gaiden Sigma 1 in Ninja Gaiden Master Collection on Steam. There are slight differences between Sigma 1 and Black, but Sigma 1 is mostly just as good gameplay wise, and better graphics wise. Ninja Gaiden 2 is a different story - Sigma 2, that is also part of the "Master Collection"- is pretty pants compared to NG2 vanilla (not just with its lack of blood, but much smaller enenmy counts, missing animations, missing strong hit counters and much more). So, for NG2, emulator is king.

Incredible games though! I never played either NG until after Sekiro, and maaan, NG combat is simply superior and way deeper.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom