What have you done to your car today?

Caporegime
frq0VD1h.jpeg
yCZLsuGh.jpeg

Stuffing washing line into the cylinder and rotating the crank to cram it up against the valves, much easier than removing the head. Possibly not the recommended method. :D

YHUxVllh.jpeg

I'd say those stem seals were about due.

O5gspwQh.jpeg

Back together with new hardware. Fairly satisfying squirting everything with oil and gently tapping the rocker shafts back in.

ZMQvz2xh.jpeg

Ded.

IunSAC0h.jpeg

Last edited:
Caporegime
Avoided a huge pot hole which I didn’t see until last minute straight into another one :o

Edit: Thankfully it’s not kerbed, these alloys tend to attract dirt and it accumulates as if the wheel is kerbed when it isn’t.

Annoying as in next couple of weeks the car is going.

Pop the bubble with a pin and she'll be good as new! :D

Soldato
Shamefully had the tyre replaced with a Part Worn with plenty of tread on it.

GT Radical Sport Active 2 - Reviews seem okay.

The car is going next week most likely to the likes of Cazoo, WBAC, Motorway etc.

I have more loyalty to my wallet than those guys.

Last edited:
Soldato
Took a load of rotten picket fence to the dump, leaving my boot full of nasty debris. So I gave the interior a good vacuum and clean. The footwells were full of mud too as our front garden is currently a mud pit so it was overdue.

And took a look in the MG and swapped the towels where the windows leak... Discovered a leak through the front air vent also. Getting a bit tired of issues popping up with that car :o

Soldato
Screen in my 2019 Astra K seems be dying/have died. I can source a replacement on eBay for £120 from the UK or from AliExpress for £60 from China. Not sure which one to go with in case it transpires its not the screen at fault..

Insert "I'm invincible.gif from Goldeneye". Managed to source a replacement from eBay and replace the screen myself. The ribbon cables were pretty dicey. Managed to escape with only a few minor injuries from prying the plastic trims off..

Back
Top Bottom