What have you done to your car today?

Caporegime
"Clutching at straws" or something?

TdCTBQmh.jpeg
C8YVPeSh.jpeg

Associate
Car passed mot. 1 advisory on slightly flaking number plate and an initial fail as when I fixed my headlight a few weeks back I didn't get a clip in and the beam pattern wasn't correct... But all done. Need to go back tomorrow to pick up a new paper certificate as they added 10k to the milage but they fixed it online already.

FluffySheep

Soldato
Install gimmicks. :D

I've had SmartTop modules on all my convertibles, although with the backwards Ford manual release on the Mustang, the only thing it will give is one touch operation in the car, and the ability to raise/lower at low speed.. all the actual really useful stuff like remote roof up/down and windows up/down is not possible. The other issue is the Mustang cost is quite high considering and not available in the UK directly, it will need ordering through 911design.

On the E46 M3 it even did one touch 3 flash indicators which was a nice little extra!

Last edited:
Soldato
Alignment sorted. Having hit this monster a month ago (coming in hot at 50mph :o) my toe was knackered and had worn the inside edge in about 800 miles (20k+on this tyre).

HU0zXV2.jpg

fAm88Wxl.jpg

1pOaw1Il.jpg
BcjQpU0l.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Started prepping Ye Olde ST220 to come out of hibernation.

Replaced the reverse gear sensor, parking sensor speaker & the PCV valve as i've my suspicions it was dodgy. Replaced the fuel pump the other week too as that had siezed over winter.

Just a full service to do on it and we're good for the MOT, seems a shame to change 800 mile old oil though.

My Jag XE may be very nice to drive, but ye olde ST220 is still a nicer, more involved fun thing to take for a run out in nice weather.

Soldato
I took advantage of the good weather and time off to swap my discs and pads today. Luckily it was fairly straight forward and only took me just over two hours which I didn't think was too bad for a first try. The hardest part was getting my drivers side wheel off as it was bound solid, although a kind passer by saw me struggling and together with a bit of brute force we managed it. At least I know now that the pads are a doddle to change on these calipers.
NsK3GFBh.jpg

Soldato
Fed up with driving with lights on all the time, so I designed these and fitted them:

ZsOLlpE.png

I took a 3d scan of the fake vent area and used it as a template to design a light housing that fits perfectly.

TpWmGto.png

3d printed in carbon-fibre nylon for lightness, strength, and weather resistance.

QQzF7cS.png

Fitted:

LRgBZZj.jpeg

kLNn9R7.jpeg
What is this for??

Soldato
Crashed it. :(

While mooching around the new build estate that I've reserved a house on I accidentally reversed my SVR into something that was laying around (building site stuff) which my parking sensors didn't warn me of. I was looking but I was looking at some huge curb which I was trying to avoid when it happened. I'm seriously gutted and feel very silly of myself. Just hope it's not too bad/costly to repair. Going to phone my Jag dealer tomorrow to get it booked in asap.

Crease on bottom of boot door..

1711327368.jpg

1711344444.jpg
First one always hurts --- I bet they had bets placed on "new driver with an F Pace SVR crashing it!111". Good job on making it so pathetic it almost isn't worth bothering :D

Caporegime
Jetwashed off the moss and shrubbery and trees and things that had grown all over the E30, it was like cleaning a barn-find. Only it was on my own driveway and has never been out of regular use. :p

Back
Top Bottom