Man of Honour
Ceramic coated:
kTp8YMY.gif

Ceramic coated:
qnmSJzs.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: Dup
Caporegime
Yeah man. The amount of smoke just going 40mph was insane. Luckily I realised what it was when I stopped and limped home. A total of 2 miles and the tyre popped as I pulled onto the drive.

Looking forward to testing the upgraded springs. Feel a bit stiffer in comfort but not too bad.
Tracking done this morning as it was all over place. No surprise. New battery arrived. Fitted it. All codes cleared then the bloody wheel speed sensor came back.

Ordered a new one for collection from BMW near Combe tomorrow at 8:30am. Track day starts at 9. The things we do for cars hey

Caporegime
fitted a new battery and not solved any of my issues. Hoping a wheel speed sensor is dodgy as it’s reading all over place even when parked it hit 80mph.

Collecting a sensor from BMW next to Combe in the morning

Man of Honour
It looks the same.

I think that is a good outcome for you though? :D

Aye I wanted it to look OEM but not have the fragility of diamond cut, had to compromise on the DC gleam though which I can live with :p

Looks absolutely fantastic! I will always have a soft spot for an E46 M3 ❤️
Some 9 years running and still impresses me and catches glances :cool:

Man of Honour
Since I don’t work in the summer months, there aren’t many days when I can get in the car and it’s immediately hot enough to allow me full engine power. First time this year. Plus top down with no heating or wind deflector needed.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I'd be very wary about that! Oil takes time to reach nominal temp! I'd want to be able to see the actual oil temp regardless of what the rev range indicator says. ON the M3 for example, in non CSL coding, the rev lights are matched to water temp, so it's possible that within moments the lights show full rev range available. This is completely wrong as the oil then takes 2 miles of driving to reach optimum temp. I recoded mine to reflect what the CSL does due to this, so the lights actually align with oil temp and they only go out once the oil is above 85 degrees.

Associate
Yep. It helps it drain. My sound deadening was still minging. I considered drying it and putting it back In.

Just don't put the drain plugs on the kitchen window sill. The wife bins them......

I dried ours and out it back in but I really don't see how it makes much difference! It's pretty thin stuff really. I put the Mrs drain plugs next to the sofa and said "keep those safe, they're from your car." A few days later I noticed they'd gone so asked where they were and she said in the bin cos she didn't know what they were! I had to go bin diving to get them back! Luckily, they were near the top lol.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Painted some high build on the edges of the roof where the paint departed from when I washed it (lol), re-aligned the drivers door using magic, gave the exhaust a big ol' tug to stop it from bashing on the floor of the car, attempted to take a rear drum off to diagnose an awful noise, failed, left it outside in the air.

Soldato
There's a voice that keeps on calling me.
After many years of not touching a car due to having a company car, ive been sorting a pile of poo Yaris for the Mrs. The rockergasket was shot so the engine bay was filthy. Its had a full service at the same time. Sadly now it looks like the clutch master or slave cylinder is gone, its only got 61k on it so i doubt the clutch is gone......but it was a previous lady owner car :p

Im pretty handy with cars, but ive realised at the grand old age of 47 i just CBA with fixing cars, i just dont enjoy it like I used to in my 20's, and parts seem to way more expensive then they used to be!

Back
Top Bottom