what headphones do you own thread - i own dt150's :)

Man of Honour
Is that with balanced output and from what amp?

I'll bookmark it for future use but as of right now I see no problem with sub-bass, it hits much harder than the modded HD650 and has lots of detail.

Soldato
Got the Momentum 4's for work, they are pretty decent for wireless headphones, though Sennheiser isn't a brand I'm particularly enamoured with in general.

Man of Honour
Got the Momentum 4's for work, they are pretty decent for wireless headphones, though Sennheiser isn't a brand I'm particularly enamoured with in general.

I'm really annoyed they killed off the Momentum line other than the latest wireless ones - the sound had many of the good aspects of the HD600 series but tuned more towards a more dynamic enjoyable sound (though the tricked out bass can get old but I love it for a novelty), if more consumer targetted, rather than the flatter reference sound the 600 series lean towards. And they were mostly great looking headphones.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I had the wired Momentum for a short stint before returning them, I had the HD650 at the same time too and wasn't impressed with the soundstage of them back then, I guess Senn updated the signature over the years following then? The Edifier STAX S3 sounded superior to the Momentums I had as a reference comparison. The S3 are bluetooth (aptX-HD).

Man of Honour
I've done a thing and ordered the Hifiman Ananda :o

I have been reading so many comments about Edition XS and Ananda being the "correct" upgrade from the HD650 and I just can't understand it, so the only way to see is to hear it for myself vs the Sundara and HD650. It's £100 more expensive, but if it's that good as the hype seems to claim, then fair dos. It's from Amazon so I can return no quibbles, or return the Sundara if the Ananda is really that good lol. Edition XS I smacked off the list because that headband looks diabolical and is uncomfy too based on 100% of reviews and the cheap plastic feeling cup housing.

Will be here tomorrow, perfect for the BH weekend of music :D

Edit* That's the Ananda Nano, not the Stealth version which is older!

Last edited:
Soldato
Arya Organic next week? £1250 is a decent price too ;)
actually I've found them for £1099

On my Linsoul cable for my HD800S there were miniscule red and blue dots on the housings at the headphone end

Last edited:
Soldato
I said that with the Beyer DT1990 then also said it with the Denon D7200 - I've said it again with the HD800S but I already have my eye on the Audeze LCDX but that will have to wait because I've pre-ordered a Holo Audio Cyan II NOS R2R DAC and I'm yet to recover from buying the Violectric V222 amp - my wallet is wincing :D

Man of Honour
The silver sundara isn't that cheap on Amazon, I specifically buy off Amazon for this very convenience, to be able to return with no questions asked etc and the support in the event of issues.

I don't like the all black models of any of those headphones btw, just looks boring! A dash of silver makes them look rather premium, especially the Ananda Nano.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
How so cheap?!

I was looking at reviews of the Ananda *Stealth magnets) and Ananda Nano, seems they initially launched at $1000 and have since seen massive price reductions, on Amazon the highest price going back several months is to late last year when they were £579, I paid £447 for them which IMO is a great price, only 1 was left in stock too.

Love how the silver looks.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I had the wired Momentum for a short stint before returning them, I had the HD650 at the same time too and wasn't impressed with the soundstage of them back then, I guess Senn updated the signature over the years following then? The Edifier STAX S3 sounded superior to the Momentums I had as a reference comparison. The S3 are bluetooth (aptX-HD).

Depends which generation - the first gen ones were a bit flawed in the mid-range and being closed back soundstage has its limits. The second gen onwards improved quite a bit. But they had a nice smooth flowing sound like the HD600 series but with a more lively signature and tricked out bass which thumps and rumbles quite satisfyingly without being all about the bass.

Soldato
Sundara closed-back I assume?
Open!

BhInWk4.png

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Ditched Wired after 30 years, said hello to Wireless and never going back to Wired.

Sure there is a drop in Audio quality but I only use for TV/Movie listening, little music am waiting patiently for Snapdragon Sound to release this summer/fall and hopefully wireless high quality audio will be there.

Edit forgot my dailys, there the Artic Steelseries Pro wireless 2.4ghz, lipsync and latency is spot on with all sources connected to my LG C2 via optical in on the break out box.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom