What is the best Apple product you have owned?

Permabanned
OK, so there’s a thread on the worst Apple product. How about some positivity too?

What’s the best Apple product you’ve ever owned?

This is a really tough one for me as I’ve been an Apple fanboy for many years. I think the one that really blew me away though was the first one I ever bought - the 3rd generation iPod. The concept of carrying my entire music library on me was mind-boggling at the time. Other products could do the same but none of them were as small or good-looking or had such a good UI. It even came with all of the accessories - headphones, a case and a dock. Imagine an Apple product doing that nowadays.

Last edited:
Soldato
First gen iPod which was also my very first Apple purchase in around 2001 or 2002. It was a beautiful amazing device.

Of course constantly reminded that if I had bought Apple shares of the same value they would now be worth an absolute fortune.

Also my MacBook Air from I think it was 2011, something like that. It had an i7 something and 4GB ram, 256GB SSD, it was a great small laptop. Got me through four years of Uni and the computer I probably owned the longest than any other, when I sold it a decade after I bought it new.

Last edited:
Commissario
Good question. It certainly wasn't the first thing I bought, that was a Mac Pro back in 2008 which was great but it was huge and power hungry (not that I cared at the time).

Probably the Mac Studio. Small, full of ports, more RAM than I'll ever need and super quick.

Soldato
Tough to answer, I think every iphone has been brilliant when I first got it. My first ipod was a 20gb photo with the click wheel, amazing at the time. Weighing up either of them it’s hard to say which one. I’d probably go for the iphone 2g as it was such a game changer.

Soldato
Love some positivity, It's going to be the m2 MacBook Pro 13 just on raw power, I knew the apple silicone was good but actually having one (with a healthy amount of ram) has set a new high bar.

Notable mention for the MacBook Pro 15" Mid 2012 as that was such a work horse for me and multiple family members who ended up using it over the years.

Soldato
5.5Gen Classic iPod - just worked, sounded pretty good considering, could play flac with RockBox and i still have it today although it's been replaced with a 8th gen for car duties.

Granny smith
b4824feed0f70dda37959f0d1a9a067f_w200.gif

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
Notable mention for the MacBook Pro 15" Mid 2012 as that was such a work horse for me and multiple family members who ended up using it over the years.

I had the 2013 model (2nd generation retina MacBook Pro) and it was my main laptop for 8 years. :eek: Great machine.

Soldato
I'd say the 27" 5K iMac from 2017.

That machine was a great purchase. Base version was very reasonably priced, superb display, and fully upgradeable.

I bought the base version, then opened it up, upgraded SSD, CPU and RAM to the max and it was excellent for years and years. I only upgraded in 2022 with Mac Studio and still used it for another year. Managed to sell it in almost spotless condition after all of this. My longest serving computer. Hopefully it will serve the new owner for years to come as well.

Soldato
I had the 2013 model (2nd generation retina MacBook Pro) and it was my main laptop for 8 years. :eek: Great machine.
Yeah that gen was a golden hardware combo! Just wish civ6 hadn't gotten so power hungry by 2019 or I would have pushed on with it till apple silicone's initial release

Soldato
I had an ipod classic 120gb, it was great. I watched so many films on that thing, had thousands of songs as well. I would just go to various friends houses and copy all their libraries onto it then trim the fat afterwards. I sold it when I got a phone with spotify and do regret it.

Soldato
Nooooooooo!

Silicone is used for breast implants :cry:

It’s Silicon.

Silicon is an element, silicone is man-made, they’re two very different things.

Maybe we'll have an "Apple" shaped Silicone implant too. Would be a good product. Apple Silicone.

Back
Top Bottom