What is the best Apple product you have owned?

Soldato
I’ve had/ got a lot of Apple tech and had to give this topic some thought. Plumped for my 3rd gen iPad Pro 12.9 as I use it every single day and have done for many years. The screen size makes media consumption easier and fun. Having said that, I’m glad there are rumours of an iPad Air 12.9 coming out as the Pro is too overpowered and expensive for my use!

Soldato
My quad core 2.5GHz PowerMac G5

‘Loud’, weighs several tons, built like a tank, power hungry and hot but oh how I love it so (yes…I use it as a daily driver running Sorbet Leopard and I’m tempted to try out MorphOS)

Permabanned
OP
Do people really think that an iPod is the best Apple product they’ve ever had or is that just nostalgia?

For the time, yes. It felt like I was living the future.

My M1 MacBook Pro is an incredible piece of engineering. The way Apple managed to execute a multi-year plan to migrate from x86 to ARM is astonishing and massively under appreciated. It has so much power and such great battery life that I’ll probably still be using it eight years time. Ultimately however, it’s just a laptop but better.

The first iPod I owned revolutionised my relationship with music. I suddenly had my entire collection on me at all times - and in a package that was easy-to-use and looked cool.

(I do miss mini-disk though. There was something enjoyably cyberpunk about this disks and inserting them into your player.)

Zom

Zom

Associate
I've been very happy with my Series 7 Apple Watch, way better than the nearest Android / FitBit alternative. Having said that I'm very much enjoying my M2 MBA, battery life is great and it stays cool during light usage which a lot of Windows and Chromebook machines seem to struggle with.

Associate
I would have to say my iPad Air 2. It's till going strong at 9 years old! I only use it periodically to run moving map software now, as a result the battery is still excellent and it runs my software fine. I also loved my iPhone 6 Plus and finally getting a big screen!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom