What is the worst Apple product you have owned?

Soldato
Another vote for the Magic Mouse. I’ve got two or three and never used them. They’re quite possibly the worst mice I’ve ever used and I had an original Amiga mouse.

Soldato
Magic Mouse. Absolutely nothing magic about it. Terrible ergonomics, stupid way of charging it. Worst product they've ever released on a large scale in my opinion.
With you on this one, awful everything. Beyond bizarre that they haven't corrected it after all of these years.

Soldato
I don't understand the ergonomics of the Magic Mouse - you basically have to use it with your fingertips, whereas a *good* mouse like the Logitech G502 is designed with the whole hand in mind - much better user experience (which Apple are usually excellent at).

Man of Honour
It's literally the same as the previous ones?! Apart from the cameras being a bit more pronounced.

Well it isn't literally the same is it...

I've mentioned it before in another thread, but the thinner bezels really cause issues for me in a lot of apps. Amazon for example, I'm constantly going to other pages/home page when searching stuff as the skin on my hand is registering as a touch on the bottom of the screen. Happens in quite a lot of other apps as well. That combined with the issues with iOS 17, or just general shoddy Apple QC when it comes to software now, and it makes for a horrible phone

Granted the iOS17 issues aren't the fault of the phone itself, but still.

Last edited:
Soldato
Pretty much every phone now is bezel-less, or incredibly thin, so that's not exactly unique to Apple.

And I've never had such issues with my 15PM. I must hold it differently. But also the case adds an extra buffer too I guess.

Soldato
Trackpad (desktop), damn right horrendous and gesture control is frankly ***** even on MacOS.
And those complaining about the Magic Mouse clearly never used the 'puck' mouse back in the day, that was awful :cry:. And to be honest for a mouse that is included with some Mac's, i don't mind the Magic Mouse for productivity type work but i wouldn't dream of gaming with it though.

Mac Pro 'Trash Can' was pretty bad considering cost, spec and coming from a G3/G4/G5 that was far more upgradable but, there wasn't many other Mac options at the time.

If we can include OSX/MacOS then there's a fair few versions that are/were complete toilet.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Pretty much every phone now is bezel-less, or incredibly thin, so that's not exactly unique to Apple.

And I've never had such issues with my 15PM. I must hold it differently. But also the case adds an extra buffer too I guess.

Yeah I should probably just buy a case with a lip to fix the issue, but I always resent having such nice looking phones hidden away

Soldato
I haven't used a mouse on any Mac since the launch of the original Magic Trackpad, I think it's superb.
SFN5W.gif

Permabanned
Anyone remember

Iphone 4 You're holding it wrong :D:D:D

I don’t think it was that bad. Great new design, first Retina display… decent despite a few teething issues.

It’s nowhere near as bad as the original iPad and iPad 3 (both hamstrung by not enough RAM) or the Touch Bar MBP.

Back
Top Bottom