What "man jobs" have you done today?

Soldato
Explain the wetting? I could RTFM but I'd rather someone that has used it explain it better :)
You rub it with a damp cloth and it forms a paint seal. It is essentially a less time consuming/wasteful/messy version of the "paint it first with the wall colour, then paint it with the actual colour".

That's why it comes in a plastic tub. Not just because its FARNNNNCYY

Last edited:
Associate
Wow, i never realised this! Wish i had. Just painted our bathroom and gave up using frogging tape because it pulled the new dry paint off and bled the new wet paint.

A key problem with any tapes is the adhesion of previous layers of paint or even plaster. I've just streamed off a room full of poorly adhered vinyl paint before I plaster for this reason as the paint could be peeled off in strips (steaming was easier than sanding as the walls are old school mortar base coat/top coat plaster).

Almost every house I've had has rooms with the paint or topcoat plaster on plasterboard not properly adhered which is a right pain.

Soldato
Did a bit of spraying Patio Magic - didn't do much as it was forcast rain which didn't appear.
Then got the Karcher K2 out to see if it still works -it does so tried cleaning a few slabs out front - Not a chance.
I either need a patio cleaner head - the round thing with spinning knozzle or a power jet that spins - Only knew about them today while looking for a head and they seem to do a good job.
So has anyone purchased one and if so does it work.
2nd -Has anyone bought one of the cheap patio heads from China -Again if so does it work?
Got till 12th June when they are coming to fit a water meter

Soldato
Did a bit of spraying Patio Magic - didn't do much as it was forcast rain which didn't appear.
Then got the Karcher K2 out to see if it still works -it does so tried cleaning a few slabs out front - Not a chance.
I either need a patio cleaner head - the round thing with spinning knozzle or a power jet that spins - Only knew about them today while looking for a head and they seem to do a good job.
2nd -Has anyone bought one of the cheap patio heads from China -Again if so does it work?
The patio heads are no-where near as good as direct jet wash contact. I assume you didn't jet wash the Patio Magic? It needs to dwell for like...months.

Soldato

Yes, use one pretty much exclusively, so much less mess! I used to borrow my neighbours but I recently bought a knock off from Lidl and it works fine. I do have the high pressure lance also but I much prefer the patio cleaner, see my earlier comment about mess.

I use a K2 but its pretty weak when it comes to pressure washers, K4/K5 are so much more powerful.

Associate
Busy week at work again :)

Jr34qEk.jpeg

YhEedER.jpeg

uFyGQyg.jpeg

X3Xy4Fi.jpeg

od3fN5x.jpeg

YovnFuO.jpeg

Cy7ZgFT.jpeg

Soldato
You rub it with a damp cloth and it forms a paint seal. It is essentially a less time consuming/wasteful/messy version of the "paint it first with the wall colour, then paint it with the actual colour".

That's why it comes in a plastic tub. Not just because its FARNNNNCYY
But if you rtfm, that by default excludes it as a man job as us men never read manuals :cry: (I also didn't know you had to wet it first).

Back
Top Bottom