What "man jobs" have you done today?

Soldato
Explain the wetting? I could RTFM but I'd rather someone that has used it explain it better :)
You rub it with a damp cloth and it forms a paint seal. It is essentially a less time consuming/wasteful/messy version of the "paint it first with the wall colour, then paint it with the actual colour".

That's why it comes in a plastic tub. Not just because its FARNNNNCYY

Last edited:
Associate
Wow, i never realised this! Wish i had. Just painted our bathroom and gave up using frogging tape because it pulled the new dry paint off and bled the new wet paint.

A key problem with any tapes is the adhesion of previous layers of paint or even plaster. I've just streamed off a room full of poorly adhered vinyl paint before I plaster for this reason as the paint could be peeled off in strips (steaming was easier than sanding as the walls are old school mortar base coat/top coat plaster).

Almost every house I've had has rooms with the paint or topcoat plaster on plasterboard not properly adhered which is a right pain.

Soldato
Did a bit of spraying Patio Magic - didn't do much as it was forcast rain which didn't appear.
Then got the Karcher K2 out to see if it still works -it does so tried cleaning a few slabs out front - Not a chance.
I either need a patio cleaner head - the round thing with spinning knozzle or a power jet that spins - Only knew about them today while looking for a head and they seem to do a good job.
So has anyone purchased one and if so does it work.
2nd -Has anyone bought one of the cheap patio heads from China -Again if so does it work?
Got till 12th June when they are coming to fit a water meter

Soldato
Did a bit of spraying Patio Magic - didn't do much as it was forcast rain which didn't appear.
Then got the Karcher K2 out to see if it still works -it does so tried cleaning a few slabs out front - Not a chance.
I either need a patio cleaner head - the round thing with spinning knozzle or a power jet that spins - Only knew about them today while looking for a head and they seem to do a good job.
2nd -Has anyone bought one of the cheap patio heads from China -Again if so does it work?
The patio heads are no-where near as good as direct jet wash contact. I assume you didn't jet wash the Patio Magic? It needs to dwell for like...months.

Soldato

Yes, use one pretty much exclusively, so much less mess! I used to borrow my neighbours but I recently bought a knock off from Lidl and it works fine. I do have the high pressure lance also but I much prefer the patio cleaner, see my earlier comment about mess.

I use a K2 but its pretty weak when it comes to pressure washers, K4/K5 are so much more powerful.

Associate
Busy week at work again :)

Jr34qEk.jpeg

YhEedER.jpeg

uFyGQyg.jpeg

X3Xy4Fi.jpeg

od3fN5x.jpeg

YovnFuO.jpeg

Cy7ZgFT.jpeg

Soldato
You rub it with a damp cloth and it forms a paint seal. It is essentially a less time consuming/wasteful/messy version of the "paint it first with the wall colour, then paint it with the actual colour".

That's why it comes in a plastic tub. Not just because its FARNNNNCYY
But if you rtfm, that by default excludes it as a man job as us men never read manuals :cry: (I also didn't know you had to wet it first).

Soldato
Yes I h

No - didn't clean off the patio magic - Have you washed yours since you sprayed it.
No haven't touched it, it needs a top up as it's got slippy from moss in a few places.

Now, was that an electrician installing the plumbing or did the plumber have a day off :eek::cry:
Haha no idea. All disconnected and ready to be ripped off.

Is it worth weighing in a few kilos of copper or is it more faff than it'd worth?

Soldato
No haven't touched it, it needs a top up as it's got slippy from moss in a few places.

Haha no idea. All disconnected and ready to be ripped off.

Is it worth weighing in a few kilos of copper or is it more faff than it'd worth?

I'm not sure there sur, let me grab me slippers and transit keys and ask Mick down on the other site for you :D

Soldato
If you can find a small scrap merchant it's worth it. Wait til you've got a big pile ready from any other works. Strip old cable if you can be bothered. Shouldn't take long, but you might need to give driver's license over for ID.

I took several rubble sacks full of cable and pipes recently to EMR (big chain/where the trades go) and it was at least an hour of waiting while a forklift operator tried to deafen me throwing bins around. Wouldn't go again for less than a full boot load of scrap.

Soldato
Feeling rough as a dog but for some reason felt a burst of energy post de-plumbing job. Decided to get the attic tidied up now I don't need the the floor available. The killer prospect was whacking up some tat from the workshop --- can't wait for tomorrow to clear a few more bits out. I guess I need 6 more boards to finish off (y).

Quite a difference from when I moved in...

Last edited:
Soldato
Feeling rough as a dog but for some reason felt a burst of energy post de-plumbing job. Decided to get the attic tidied up now I don't need the the floor available. The killer prospect was whacking up some tat from the workshop --- can't wait for tomorrow to clear a few more bits out. I guess I need 6 more boards to finish off (y).

uh7zhFH.mp4

Quite a difference from when I moved in...

dd4fuWl.mp4
Looks good but if it's anything like mine will be filled with crap and boxes soon. To be honest even with a good ladder and access i can't really be arsed going into my loft.

Back
Top Bottom