What "man jobs" have you done today?

Soldato
I'll take one in the morning... I will see the difference though as it was covered in lichen mostly. Not heavy lichen but tons of spots everywhere

I used one of those little Jackson 5lt sprayers to put it on. Took ages and the spray wasn't that great. I'm not sure if part of the issue is that the W&F comes out a little foamy rather than a pure water like spray so it didnt come out in a perfect fan like spray pattern. Looking at this for future spray usage (including weedkilling etc) - Knapsack Sprayer

How did you apply yours and how did you find it?

I used patio magic and it came out perfect

Soldato
Soldato
Next time it's dark outside get your better half to go into bathroom -put light on then sit on the loo - You can be standing outside away from window and check for a shadow of your controlling officer.
We had wonderfull views of a couple the other side of garden going for a one or two - He in full shadow having a pee and she lifting up back of her dress for a sit down.
:)

Reminds me of a really popular sea fishing spot that is not that known for it's catches, but rather the lady that steps out of her rolltop bath with gold taps and...and dries herself in the window most nights, apart from Saturday when she visits her mum :cry:

Soldato
Maybe I was going a bit overboard. The slabs and monoblok were warm due to the sun all day (sprayed around 5pm) so it didnt seem to "wet" the area much and I felt I had to go over them again but perhaps I was wrong to do that :confused:

It took around 15 litres to cover all the areas.
From what I remember I diluted quite a lot, and sprayed it on a dry warm day. It kinda disappeared as it went down like you said.

Soldato
Disembodied a large evergreen shrub with a large bramble heavily entwined to allow the garden more light.

Next is finishing the tiling of the pond after frost destroyed the front plaster during winter. New plaster was made with SBR.

Soldato
Disembodied a large evergreen shrub with a large bramble heavily entwined to allow the garden more light.

Next is finishing the tiling of the pond after frost destroyed the front plaster during winter. New plaster was made with SBR.

That reminds me of a warning I should give others:

A bone dry conifer next to a plastic greenhouse + a lighter while still being a teenager do not mix at all.

Caporegime
Put some floating shelves in the study to make use of an empty alcove. Mostly into plasterboard so mainly used GeeFix fittings.

Bit squeaky bum having floating shelves into PB as book shelves, but time will tell if it's OK.

g44ZpKih.jpeg

8gmlWCYh.jpeg

Soldato
Put some floating shelves in the study to make use of an empty alcove. Mostly into plasterboard so mainly used GeeFix fittings.

Bit squeaky bum having floating shelves into PB as book shelves, but time will tell if it's OK.

g44ZpKih.jpeg

8gmlWCYh.jpeg

They're getting a good test!

Is there no way of putting fixings left and right hand side or are they all in the back?

Caporegime
They're getting a good test!

Is there no way of putting fixings left and right hand side or are they all in the back?
Not quite sure what you mean but there are various fixings left, centre, and right side of each bracket. I variously used DuoPower plugs, GeeFix, and direct into stud where I could reach one given the required position of the shelf bracket in the alcove.

Man of Honour
Painted part of the fence. Cut back a load of trees/bushes to get access to paint the fence at the back. Cleaned up the cuts & mowed the front and rear lawns. Trimmed the hedge. Continued painting, about half way done on the first coat and we don't like the colour. :cry: Fitted a cabin hook and gate spring, and adjusted the latch. Cut down a small tree, it wasn't dead but looked dead and was pretty ugly. The previous owners turned it up to 11 and planted eleventy million trees in a new build garden (albeit a fairly large one). I hate cutting down garden trees but they all take up about 20% of usable space and don't look great as they're all crammed in on top of each other. Just finished and enjoying a nice cold Guinness.

Soldato
Not quite sure what you mean but there are various fixings left, centre, and right side of each bracket. I variously used DuoPower plugs, GeeFix, and direct into stud where I could reach one given the required position of the shelf bracket in the alcove.
Ah thats what I meant if you could get anything into studs on the sides, sounds like you've sorted it tho!

Soldato
Over past couple weekends I've

Fitted mirror (its powered and lights up)
Fitted glass shower screen
Fitted sink
Done some of the siliconing

Just need to silicone the worktop on and the sink, and letting my plumber do the toilet wrestling/sink and shower/radiator fitting.

Bit tight getting into the shower but it means none of those annoying flap panels that fill full of crap

QRsYxRU.jpeg

EHFNxGQ.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom