What movie do you wish you had watched on the big screen?

Soldato
Jurassic Park.

The first "Welcome to JP" scene and the audio "THUMP" during the T-Rex nightime scene are literal core memories of mine as a mid-teen, even down to remembering where I was seated in the cinema (the old ABC/Canon in the middle of Hanley).

Last edited:
Caporegime
Jurassic Park I think, because I was too young.

I saw some of the films mentioned at the cinema, from Interstellar, Saving Private Ryan and even Independence Day.

Some movies I would go out of my way to watch it at the cinema, like more recent ones like Dune. Saw part 1 in the pandemic in Singapore in a vaccinated showing with masks and social distance seating.

Soldato
Alien. I saw Aliens at the cinema on release but was far too young for the original and best. I had to make do with gawping at the chest buster scene in a photobook of film one the older kids brought to school one day.

Commissario
You know what, probably a Harold Lloyd silent movie so I could see what it's like with live music.
If you keep your eyes open there are fairly regular events where films that make heavy/good use of music get a showing with orchestras playing (I think the success of some of the Video Game concerts made it obvious there was a demand).
The downside is it's "event" pricing as it'll usually be somewhere that can accommodate the musicians rather than a normal cinema, I think the Royal Albert Hall is doing a season with Ghostbusters, Avatar, Topgun etc.

Last edited:
Associate
Loads from the mid 80s, but I was too young so they don't really count.

Jurassic Park.

For whatever reason I missed it at the cinema when it first came out. People said it was epic at the time.

rp2000
The Royal Albert Hall does films with an orchestra and had Jurassic Park last year. Only heard about this after the run completed, otherwise would tried to go.

Raiders of lost ark is next.

https://www.royalalberthall.com/tickets/series/films-in-concert/

Back
Top Bottom