What retro things have you done today?

Associate
The one I got was in bad shape and sold as non working, the battery contacts were shot with corrosion, stripped it all down and scrubbed the contacts with a wire brush and everything was working :)
The best thing for corrosion is white vinegar or apple cider vinegar works just as good, put that on the battery contacts and watch the corrosion fizz away, it works like magic in minutes. Minimal scrubbing if any at all. Finish them off with some IPA.

Last edited:
Associate
The best thing for corrosion is white vinegar or apple cider vinegar works just as good, put that on the battery contacts and watch the corrosion fizz away, it works like magic in minutes. Minimal scrubbing if any at all. Finish them off with some IPA.
cheers mate, I'm actually going to try that today as the ones I've cleaned are not 100%

Associate
I got my stick of FPM RAM today and I tried it but no joy the computer wont post with it.

Does anybody know what RAM works with a DELL 425s/L?

Last edited:
Soldato
I got my stick of FPM RAM today and I tried it but no joy the computer wont post with it.

Does anybody know what RAM works with a DELL 425s/L?
I mean this is a long way off but I plan to go through my retro gear in my next week off work which is whitsun. I can throw a few sticks at mine and see what it is happy with and send you some if you like. Ive got probably 40+ sticks to try :D

Man of Honour
Been faffing around with SD cards for my 3 x Analogue devices, realising how temperamental they are with some SD cards, trying to get firmwares updated and games working from said SD card 'backups'. Additionally been connecting the appropriate 8BitDo controllers to each device, which are all now working as they should. At some point over the coming couple of weeks my intent is to get out my vintage home computer and retro console collection, clean them, test them and sell them.

Time is the first challenge, then motivation to start the job needed.

Back
Top Bottom