What TV shows are you currently watching

Soldato
Passenger on ITV. Phoenix Nights meets The Wicker Man. Strange goings on in a small northern village, punctuated with the minutiae of village life.

I was pleasantly surprised at how moreish this was. I fell asleep during episode 4 cos I stayed up way past bedtime desperate to know what happened next. Will aim to complete it today. It's only 6 episodes.

There is a fantastic new documentary called Violent Minds: Killers on tape.

Just making my way through the first one and there is lots of footage that I haven't seen of him where he is being video recorded by friends.

Just copied and pasted what was written on IMDB.

"Follows the captivating inmate tapes of renowned psychologist Dr. Al Carlisle, exposing the psychopathic nature of Ted Bundy, the Hifi Killers, Arthur Gary Bishop and more".

Associate
I had been wondering about watching this. Which order should it be watched in? Film then TV as you did? It sounds like you said the TV show is set before the film though?
Agree with @Martynt74 the order doesn't really matter, the film drew me into the series.

It depends on if you would like to know the outcome first or the back story and build up to the moment. It works either way from what I've seen. If you watch the film first, it's 2 hours of your life, you'll know if the story intrigues you enough to watch more. I think the series was produced after the film.

Soldato
Working through The Gone now on BBC. Fine if not particularly enthralling police procedural about two cops from two different countries (Ireland and NZ) trying to solve a double missing person case (two Irish tourists, a couple, vanish into to thin air one night). A lot of predictable beats so far, Irish cop has trouble that he's keeping secret, NZ cop is Maori and there's a lot of local family issues and so on.

A bit paint by numbers but will fill a few nights viewing.

Working through The Gone now on BBC. Fine if not particularly enthralling police procedural about two cops from two different countries (Ireland and NZ) trying to solve a double missing person case (two Irish tourists, a couple, vanish into to thin air one night). A lot of predictable beats so far, Irish cop has trouble that he's keeping secret, NZ cop is Maori and there's a lot of local family issues and so on.

A bit paint by numbers but will fill a few nights viewing.
I'll definitely be watching series 2 whenever it comes out.

Soldato
Finished S1 of Only Murders In The Building and moved on to S2. Seems a nice enough watch.

I watched all 3 seasons recently and look forward to season 4. There is a few too many silly scenes, flashbacks and jumping around but i think they were trying to keep it unpredictable and fresh over the sheer run time of the seasons.

Soldato
We started to watch The Gentleman on the train to Belgium the other week and have been too busy to carry on lately.
Ideally as we are only a couple in I was tempted to get the OH to watch the movie first, as she has not seen it and then continue with the series.

Back
Top Bottom